• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Is this normal?

Still combing the farthest reaches of the net to find more info on this but haven't found much. Some people say they get non-sister fruit too but others say you can't and I'm confused. Would like hard data on this. Going to test it myself when I have time.

(Yes I'm still on a vendetta to nab some blasted oranges and can't trade online. WHY Nintendo did you lock a full orchard behind trading?) 😠

Still combing the farthest reaches of the net to find more info on this but haven't found much. Some people say they get non-sister fruit too but others say you can't and I'm confused. Would like hard data on this. Going to test it myself when I have time.

(Yes I'm still on a vendetta to nab some blasted oranges and can't trade online. WHY Nintendo did you lock a full orchard behind trading?) 😠
It's always the sister fruit.

yeah, i always get a cherry. i don't know what my island's sister fruit is, but i'm assuming since the majority of people are saying that they give you your sister fruit that that's mine lmao

i hate the feature of villagers coming to your house. it's so invasive and repetitive and you can only play one game. i feel like that feature was probably a bit rushed and could've been implemented much better. that's just my opinion though. at least i know i'll never run out of cherries T_T

I've always gotten cherries from villagers visiting my house. They have never given me any other fruit. I don't remember what my sister fruit is but I am assuming it is cherries.

From my understanding the only other way to get different non-sister fruit other than coconuts if you're playing offline:
1) At the beginning of the game, where your mom will mail you a piece of fruit, but I'm not sure if they changed this after 2.0.
2) Extremely rarely from your villagers after sending them a piece of fruit in the mail.
3) Extremely rarely if your villagers visit your house...as noted in this thread, most of the time you'll get your sister fruit if they come over.
4) Extremely rarely gifted from a villager at random

If you have wifi access but not a nso account, I can help you get oranges. My family plan has an extra spot I can temporarily add you to so you can get online. If you're interested DM me. :)

I've only had an orange once from Al, every other villager that comes to my house gives me a piece of clothing, a household item or their photo.

Back