• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Is this normal?

kemdi

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Silver Mailbox
Whenever my villagers randomly drop by for a visit to my house they always give me a pear. I get the gift and it's always a pear.
Pears just also happen to be my islands sister fruit. Is there no variation? It doesn't matter which villager it is either. Shino? Pear. Cyd? Pear. Surely Sparro would gift some clothes or workout gear or something but nope. Pear. Is it always supposed to be a fruit for a house gift? And why is it always a pear? Is it a glitch?

I can't remember if I've gotten anything but cherries. But I'm 99% sure that this is the only fruit I've been given from a visiting villager. It's also my sister fruit.

I'm pretty sure they only give you one type of fruit ever. Whenever someone visits my home, they always give me an apple. Rather annoying, but at least I'll never run out.

I'm sure its normal because the villagers can give you whatever sister fruit you have on your island. For example on my main island I have native Peaches but my sister fruit is Apples and my 2nd island's native fruit is Pears and my sister fruit is Oranges. So I guess what I am saying is it depends on the type of sister fruit you can only get on your island.

Yeah, I'm with the majority here. It's gotta be the sister fruit... which I still find a bit annoying because they could've used this mechanic for obtaining the non-native fruit.
But this is me still being kinda annoyed about the fact multiplayer is required for all the fruit, despite them giving us Cyrus at Harv's Island so we could get all the customization variations without trading.

I used to get only oranges (sister fruit) from my villagers when they’d visit me, but then they started giving me clothing. Maybe later on they will give you clothes? Now they either give me clothing or oranges.

Reading the posts in this thread made me a bit confused, does no one else get clothing from the villagers when they visit?

i get clothing and music and my sister fruit. I think it has to do with the friendship level

I used to get only oranges (sister fruit) from my villagers when they’d visit me, but then they started giving me clothing. Maybe later on they will give you clothes? Now they either give me clothing or oranges.

Reading the posts in this thread made me a bit confused, does no one else get clothing from the villagers when they visit?

I think people are probably saying when they get fruit it is always the sister fruit.

You can also get clothing, music, and their photo

I think people are probably saying when they get fruit it is always the sister fruit.

You can also get clothing, music, and their photo
Yeah I know, but I meant that no one answered the following question and focused only on fruit hence the assumption.

This question:
Surely Sparro would gift some clothes or workout gear or something but nope. Pear. Is it always supposed to be a fruit for a house gift? And why is it always a pear? Is it a glitch?

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I‘ve also gotten music and their photo, but I meant that no one answered the following question and focused only on fruit hence the assumption.

This question:
Actually, now that I think about it I used to get different stuff just after the 2.0 update when it was first introduced. But ever since a few of my villagers left, it's been nothing but pears. I thought it was based on friendship level, but even Sparro only gives pears when he visits. He's a permanent villager that's been here longer than anyone. He's given me his pic 4 times, but he only gives fruit when he visits. The only time I get different items on house visits is when I win the high/low card game.

Well, that’s odd. I have no idea why that happens, maybe your game’s RNG luck or a glitch. Hopefully someone can help.

Yeah I know, but I meant that no one answered the following question and focused only on fruit hence the assumption.

This question:
Apologies. I completely missed that.

I think it depends on the villager, though I'm not exactly sure what determines it. Whenever Ava comes to visit, she always gives me an apple. But Roald often gives me a mixture of different things.

Like most things with villagers it is probably a combination of friendship level and RNG that determines what gift you get, so most likely completely normal to be only getting fruit, just bad luck.

When villagers visit your home they can give you sister fruit (which seems to have the highest probability), clothing, music, or their photo (this one seems to happen unexpectedly often, but still rare compared to the fruit). I think maybe items too but cannot recall cause I have not paid that much attention.

the gift does not seem to be tied to personality type in any meaningful way that I have noticed. Which could just be me not noticing.

Update! I finally got something different! Sparro came over...well, he invited himself over after running up to me outside and asking, but still! He visited and gave me some clothes! I'm so relieved.

I sure hope this means you can get fruit other than sister fruit when villagers visit. I still need oranges 🍊 and apparently am unable to trade for them (stupid internet problems.) I might actually answer when they knock on the door from now on. 😈

I have Apples, my Sister fruit is cherry and Katt gave me an orange 🙂
Now that I think about it, I wonder if anyone has actually datamined the game about villagers gifting the player fruit yet. Is it determined by fruit you do or do not already have for example. I've tried looking it up but all I get are guides on gifting villagers fruit, not the other way around.

I still desperately need oranges for my orchard but am still fighting stubborn internet and can't trade for them. If it's possible to get them without trading it would be a godsend.

I am not sure, I did already have oranges. Got it from a mystery tour first. So I do not know if they give completly new fruit.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if anyone has actually datamined the game about villagers gifting the player fruit yet. Is it determined by fruit you do or do not already have for example. I've tried looking it up but all I get are guides on gifting villagers fruit, not the other way around.

I still desperately need oranges for my orchard but am still fighting stubborn internet and can't trade for them. If it's possible to get them without trading it would be a godsend.
I read from others in various places that through visiting the kappn islands you'll eventually get the missing fruit but I don't know how reliable that info is. I mean it would make sense that there is a way to get all fruit by yourself since Nintendo is done with the game. But who knows if Nintendo actually "fixed" that.

Back