Is having every villager type in your town important to you?

It's important to me; partially because of PWPs and partially because of variety. However, if I ever do get a second copy and start a squirrel town, I will be excluding Uchi.

I'd like to keep at least one of each type for PWP suggestions and variety. The dialog is fairly repetitive to me as it is, so I'd rather not make that worse by having even less variety.

i feel like having different personalities adds variety to the town and the dialog is different.
it's also nice to see how the other personalities get along with one another as well!
atm i have like 2 or 3 nice villagers in my town though, lol

Not in this version of Animal Crossing! I think having one of each personality type is a great starter goal for villagers and ensures that your playing experience will be pretty diverse and well-rounded, but I am perfectly happy with the personality types of the ten deer. ^^

I'm partial to the Normal personality so I don't mind having duplicates that way. Otherwise I like variety. I Really like my one Smug villager (Shep) but I like him being unique.

I Would like to have an all cat town at one point but I share Piptopia with my bf and I don't think he'd let me.:p

Last edited:
Personally I don't care about villager types, I'm just after the villagers themselves.

I have 3 cranky villagers in my town. Even though they're the same personality, they all act different. I think that's really interesting.

I like having one of every villager type, for me it keeps the dialogue varied (as much as possible anyway). I don't hate any personality type, although jocks and normals are my least fave, so I'd only ever have one each of them. Right now I have two crankies and two snooties which I really like. I've also had double peppies and double smugs in the past which was also fun.

I try to have a variety in my town but i am not a huge jock fan so Kid Cat might not be around for too long. I tend to have a ton of Normals (most i had was 4)

It's not too important to me whether I have all the villager types or not. It's kind of nice, so I can have more variety when it comes to dialog with them and different the PWPs, like some others have said, but it's not really something I try to have.

Yes. When I went about picking out my dreamies, I wanted to be sure I had at least one of every personality and that there weren't any repeat species. I like variety.

Last edited:
I like having variety. I had three smugs and they spoke each others lines too much.

Yeah I like having all the personalities but if I ended up losing Freya I likely wouldn't get another snooty for a while because I've been through most of them that I like.

before PWP requests came into play I would have had a town full of Cranky Lazy and Snooty villagers in a heartbeat. Forget the others entirely... But since its important for getting all the PWP's I've started to look for that variety automatically and have really liked having towns with more personality variation, especially now that they're a bit more neutral than they once were. I've had one of each type in almost every town I've had for NL so far and have really enjoyed it, and I definitely plan for it when I pick a villager list for a new town now. I'm ok having some repetition (well, since there's really no option anyway with the 8 personality types but 10 villagers in town...) but I'll probably always have one of each at this point.

Interesting question. I'd have to say that no, it's not all that important to me. As others mentioned, the PWPs are important, but beyond that, I'd rather just get the villagers I find cute. I absolutely need a cranky at all times, though. Other than that, doesn't matter. I do currently have a variety though, minus a peppy and uchi.

i don't think its important. i do have a villager of every type though because the dialogue gets sooo repetitive. also you can only get certain PWPs rom certain villagers!! so if you plan to exclude a villager type from your town, i would recommend holding a villager of that type in your town just until you get all their PWP requests- but that can take a really long time lol :blush:

I like having one of each personality type. I don't have a favourite out of all of the personalities (I focus more on character design), so I just picked a character I liked from each personality, making sure I didn't have any repeat species.

It just makes it a bit more balanced to have at least one of each type.
Also because I'll be needing their PWP suggestions.

Back