• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

I'm just gonna say it...

kittencat

i'm number one!
Bells
The NL community is soooo intimidating to me...
Tiers, "perfect" towns with only tier 1 villagers, villager trades for MILLIONS of bells when the most I've ever seen is 500k, and everybody stresses out about hybrid flowers all the time?
It's so scary and I'm just a noob who wants to have fun and play the game. I don't know if anyone else feels this way (or if this thread goes here) but I'm always frightened when doing villager trades and stuff and I feel embarrassed that I like a lot of the tier 4-5 villagers that I have ;___; am I alone?

Why would you care? Like what you like.
If you want millions of bells you can trade in 100 tbt for 8-10 million. You'll get plenty of offers.
Does a tier really affect how likable they are?

Last edited:
It may look intimidating on the outside, but a lot of people here are lighthearted goofballs who know its just a game. ^u^ You'll have a good time if you stick around! This forum is also well known for being extremely trustworthy

Try not to let it get to you! I got caught up in it once and since it wasn't my playstyle, I ruined my own fun! I've started over and am playing without worrying too much about how others are playing c:

Why would you care? Like what you like.
If you want millions of bells you can trade in 100 tbt for 8-10 million. You'll get plenty of offers.
Does a tier really affect how likable they are?

The rate is 10-15 million bells per 100tbt now, usually 15mil so that's a lot for a new player! :)

i dont have high tier villagers. i love horses and squirrels lol. I bricked over my entire town to make it simple to run on and have never got into breeding hybrids, when a flower naturally pops up i store it haha.

Pretty much what Mariah said.

I usually won't let the whole popularity thing get to me, hell my town doesn't have that many hybrids and paths.

That's gotta be something.

It's like any other video game.....play the way that suits your style and most importantly,play the way that's the most fun for you.

Hey, don't be afraid of it. Feel free to like who you like, and do what you want to do. I chose a lot of my villagers myself because I like them. not because they're rare. Don't let anything along those lines hold you back.

You know what they say: "A demon with love in his heart is better than a demon with a fart."

Keep on truckin', star-boy.

~ Murdoch, kindly demon lovechild

The AC community seems very chill to me. Comparing to other Nintendo series' communities, it seems to be much better than the Pok?mon community with stupid generation wars, the Smash community (if you can even call it a "community"), etc. As for liking low tier characters, what is wrong with that? The top tiers are top tier because they have characteristics that appeal to more people, but that doesn't mean the low tier characters are bad or unlikable. Take me as example, my two favorite villagers are Carmen and Pashmina, who are tier four and five, respectively. There is nothing wrong with liking a character regardless of what tier they are placed on, especially when you realize tiers only exist to help in the "villager market" thingy. Cheers!

Last edited:
oh, dear. ;v;
i was like that too. i started on actrade on reddit and i was so overwhelmed by the tier list and millions of bells being thrown around for a couple of items. this feeling got worse when i joined this community.
the key to acnl is to do your own thing and don't worry about everyone else! you like your villagers? great! keep them, interact with them, enjoy them to the fullest. you don't want paths? perfect! you're the mayor, it's your choice.
like mariah and skyhook said, like what you like. do what you want to do.

You should play the way you think is fun! I was just like that too when I joined the BellTreeForums and I realized that some villagers were more expensive and desirable, everyone had way more bells than me, and fancy detailed dream towns were the only thing people seemed to appreciate. But then I realized that's also just how it all looks to an outsider. Most people don't care if you like low tier villagers, or how much money you have, or what your town looks like. If you're playing your game the way you want to play it then forget all the rest!

Don't feel intimidated. Just because a lot of users are interested in top tier villagers and hybrids, doesn't mean you should feel pressured into filling your town up with them. Every town is different and while villagers like Beau and Marshal have the spotlight on them other lower tier villagers are getting lots of love too. Just design your town the way you want!

The rate is 10-15 million bells per 100tbt now, usually 15mil so that's a lot for a new player! :)

I remember how I thought me getting 6 million was insane when I first joined.

And yeah no need to find these players intimidating. They just like to play the game differently.

wah, i was on the same boat until i realized how many nice people are on here. ; w ; don't let anybody influence you the wrong way and make you wonder if you're playing YOUR game correctly! i'm sure it may seem intimidating but trust me, it all falls on how you want to play. it's just people's preference is all, you'll be fine and if you ever feel the need to have a friend on here, you can always VM me! c:

Aww, don't let it get to you :D I'm sure majority of us felt the same when joining TBT.. I know I did xD I had no idea "dreamies" or "tiers" existed until I stumbled upon the Gamefaqs and TBT :p

Back