• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Idk if I like Audie anymore ;;

It is perfectly ok not to like a villager. Not everyone has to like the same thing. My peppy (Bianca) is pretty fitness-obsessed too, but I think it adorable with her. It reminds me of Honoka from Love Live, but I get that it isn't for everyone. I do find it a bit amusing that she is the one who spread the yoga craze through my island a few weeks ago and that she works out more often than Tank, my resident jock.
Post automatically merged:

Hello I’m another one of those who had Audie and let her go. I thought her design was super gorgeous so I was ecstatic to find her on a mystery tour and invited her over. Once on my island though, I started having doubts on keeping her. The exercise didn’t really bother me too much. Rather, I had a hard time connecting with her because she’s a peppy but doesn’t look like it because she’s a wolf. The feeling is like seeing a sophisticated woman then she starts acting like an airhead. It doesn’t connect very well. So I let her go.

Now that that is said, I can't unsee the connection between Audie and the ditsy female protagonist's friend in romantic comedies!

No complaints here. Be glad the villagers even do anything at all. In New Leaf they were basically walking mannequins.

anyone else think Dom and Audie should switch personalities? I know personalities are gender locked (for some reason) but i mean come on

No. I mean, yes, they do totally seem like they have switched personalities, but I like Dom's more laid back, playful personality. It makes him seem like he's less "ALL ABOUT THE MUSCLES!" than some jocks (even if, yes, he does talk about them and working out). He's cute and pink and fluffy too so he fits better with towns that have a more pastel aesthetic. I think he's a somewhat better choice for people who don't usually care for jocks.

I can see how it would be annoying to expect one thing and get another, but I appreciate that there are some characters that are against type.

I think one thing that's especially jarring about Audie is that all Audie's are fitness based and that's against her physical appearance and personality type so it -really- stands out. If only her primary hobby could be randomized (some Audies would be mostly into fitness, some would mostly sing, some mostly play, etc.) I think that would be a better middle ground. After all, an Audie on one person's island isn't the exact Audie on another person's island. At least, it doesn't seem like it should be that way.

anyone else think Dom and Audie should switch personalities? I know personalities are gender locked (for some reason) but i mean come on

Dom is very not jock, and literally everyone thought he was a peppy villager when they saw him in the trailer footage and the decal art. people even went as far to say it was confirmed that the starting villagers aren't always Jock and Uchi because they saw somebody started with him and refused to believe he's jock. that's how unjock this guy is

and Audie is just such a jock with her constant gotdamn bodybuilding. it's perfect

I agree! When I first saw Dom (prior to the names of the new villagers being revealed), I thought he would be peppy based on his happy pink face and smile. I was a little disappointed when I found out he was a jock since I usually don't like jocks at all (he's changed me though ngl).

I honestly thought Audie was snooty at first look based on the eyeshadow and sunglasses. I'd be all for personalities not being locked to each gender in future games or at least the fitness interest be toned down a bit if the villager isn't a jock.

I agree honestly. I fell in love with her design early on and eventually got her in a trade (luckily didnt have to pay too much). I got kinda disappointed when she was only giving me dialogue I had heard from my other peppy villager, Pate (which of course, is to be expected). So that kinda put me off of her. I'm also not a big fan of her interior, tbh. I'm pretty keen on keeping Pate for a while, if not have her as a permanent resident, so I might let Audie go at some point.

This is the same case with Lobo in my island who works out 24/7, I love him regardless of what he chooses to do. I do see your point though, Audie looks great in her default clothing

Not gonna lie, thats a pretty shallow reason to dislike Audie.
Id understand if it was her looks, personality or house, but just because she is sporty she's not girly enough anymore? Wow...

It’s not because she’s not girly enough. It’s more like she’s not peppy enough. And she is supposed to be a peppy as that is her personality.

Guess I'm in the minority who likes Audie being all sporty despite never having her in my town.

It makes her very different and less boring compared to almost every other (especially peppy) villager IMO and it's not like she doesn't act peppy anymore? She has the natural peppy dialogue like every other peppy.

Also I don't see why alot of the AC fans hate fitness, do you guys not work out/go outside before the virus?

edit; also if anyone plans to get rid of their audie PM me lol ill pay 👀

I don’t like her perma sunglasses. The only animal that gets a pass from me for having permanent clothing is Snake bc ninja bunny. Even then I feel restricted to only giving him dark clothing so it kinda matches still.

My friend has Audie and it's really jarring to see her in the sports shades. It removes the white sunglasses from her head and hides her eyes. I don't think I've seen a single other villager put on sunglasses to work out. It's a strange design choice to be sure. I remember my friend asking if she'll ever go back to her normal outfit after a few days playing lol

Buck does for sure, I think he looks handsome in his shades! I can’t recall if any of my others do, I don’t think so though.

I think only the ones with fitness interest wear sunglasses. But yes I’ve been amiiboing in other peppy villagers each day and I’m eventually planning on kicking Audie. I like her design but she shouldn’t be peppy and I can’t connect with her because nothing about her screams peppy AND SHE’S ALWAYS WORKING OUT. She should’ve been sisterly.

Not gonna lie, thats a pretty shallow reason to dislike Audie.
Id understand if it was her looks, personality or house, but just because she is sporty she's not girly enough anymore? Wow...

Lol how could you even find a way to make what I said offensive to you... The internet knows no bounds. In my Animal Video Game about Video Game Animals, I like them to be cute and interactive and fun. All Audie does is work out and Yes, her sporty shades aren't cute IN MY OPINION. This entire thread is just Opinions on a Video Game about Animals. There's no need to be offended... Seriously. I never said I disliked her either. I am just getting tired of her on my island. I'm allowed to do that I think? Geez.

I’m the same way tbh, all my Audie ever does is work out and i’m considering letting her go bc i’m starting to prefer Ketchup over her. I think i’m gonna give her a while and see if she grows on me before potentially kicking her out, since she recently moved in. I agree though, her design is really nice and it’s a shame she’s always wearing shades that cover up her eye makeup. I also agree that Audie’s personality should’ve been sisterly instead, maybe that’s why I have trouble liking her as much as I like my other peppy.

My friend has Audie and it's really jarring to see her in the sports shades. It removes the white sunglasses from her head and hides her eyes. I don't think I've seen a single other villager put on sunglasses to work out. It's a strange design choice to be sure. I remember my friend asking if she'll ever go back to her normal outfit after a few days playing lol
Only the fitness interested ones wear sporty shades! My Poncho does too! I think he looks snazzy in them B)

I’m the same way tbh, all my Audie ever does is work out and i’m considering letting her go bc i’m starting to prefer Ketchup over her. I think i’m gonna give her a while and see if she grows on me before potentially kicking her out, since she recently moved in. I agree though, her design is really nice and it’s a shame she’s always wearing shades that cover up her eye makeup. I also agree that Audie’s personality should’ve been sisterly instead, maybe that’s why I have trouble liking her as much as I like my other peppy.
I don't even like uchi personality, but I totally agree that Audie would've been a better one than a peppy OTL maybe then I would actually have an uchi on my island lol!

Wait, is this a thing? I thought all villagers of a particular type behaved the same.

I've only had one jock character so far, Dom, and I saw him working out a grand total of once.

Wait, is this a thing? I thought all villagers of a particular type behaved the same.

I've only had one jock character so far, Dom, and I saw him working out a grand total of once.
Yes it is a thing! Each villager, regardless of their personality type, has an interest subtype. The 6 subtypes are play, music, fitness, nature, fashion, and education. Most jocks are either fitness or play and Dom happens to be play, which means he spends a lot of time zooming around the island being generally cute. I had Dom for a little while when I was saving him for a friend and yeah he worked out like once (and he looked like he hated it). Audie is a fitness subtype of peppy so she works out All The Time. You can tell when villagers are fitness types because when they work out they will wear sporty shades.

Yes it is a thing! Each villager, regardless of their personality type, has an interest subtype. The 6 subtypes are play, music, fitness, nature, fashion, and education. Most jocks are either fitness or play and Dom happens to be play, which means he spends a lot of time zooming around the island being generally cute. I had Dom for a little while when I was saving him for a friend and yeah he worked out like once (and he looked like he hated it). Audie is a fitness subtype of peppy so she works out All The Time. You can tell when villagers are fitness types because when they work out they will wear sporty shades.
I did not know this, but it does explain why I have 4 normal characters who behave differently... thanks for the info, gonna read up on this now!

Here's the google doc I use to find out everyone's interests, faves colors, and fave styles!

Oh thanks so much for linking this. This explains a lot. Bunnie's interest is fashion but she still was stretching all over the place most of the time. But she did not wear sunglasses like Goose and Audie do. Interesting. I noticed my Fauna and Alice act very differently though. Fauna is usually wandering around or hanging out with Erik. Alice tends to be by herself looking at flowers with a magnifying glass. So it seems Educators and Nature enthusiasts are at the very least very different.

Oh thanks so much for linking this. This explains a lot. Though I still think Peppy types workout a lot regardless in comparison to other female villagers. Bunnie's interest is fashion but she still was stretching all over the place most of the time. But she did not wear sunglasses like Goose and Audie do. Interesting. I noticed my Fauna and Alice act very differently though. Fauna is usually wandering around or hanging out with Erik. Alice tends to be by herself looking at flowers with a magnifying glass. So it seems Educators and Nature enthusiasts are at the very least very different.
I have three peppys and I can say that I have seen Flora not work out a single time, and Cookie has done yoga stretches like... twice LOL. Audie works out enough for my whole island I guess

If anyone wants to learn more about hobbies.

And yeah I edited my post after reading up on it a bit and thinking about how the rest of my villagers act. I'll see how Monique acts once I get her here. Her interest is fashion, it might be this type still likes to exercise but not to the extent that those with fitness do.

Back