• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I love how dumb villagers can be sometimes

kwark

Bells
I love it when villagers ask for new furniture and than an other villager asks to deliver a package to the same villager that asked for new furniture and he/she rewards you with a furniture item, which soon after you give back and they say stuff like: Nice, I was looking for something like this, while that villager just GAVE that same item to you.

Those moments are priceless!

they aren't real people, but they are just programmed digital pieces that act like a real person. It's just a coincidence (●?ω`●).

Haha yes! There was this one time Deli invited me over to his house and said that I should lead the way because he couldn't remember where it was. We were actually standing right next to it at the time! :D

Oh haha. I don't think they're dumb so much as endearing! :D I love it when the game design/mechanics work out like that so it's pretty funny.

I love it when a villager invites you to their house, WHILST STOOD RIGHT OUTSIDE THEIR HOUSE! this happened to me this morning with Al, I was like dafuq, dude your house is two steps away? Cracks me up everytime!

Shep literally paid millions for my homework set LOL, he was acting like he'd scooped up a deal too. It was really hilarious to witness, he was literally acting like i was offering him a throne or something. So yeah, I do love how silly they can be sometimes too :)

Last edited:
I love it when villagers give the speech on how they are lacking in vitamins, didn't eat that morning, and want a specific type of fruit...while standing near that fruit tree. Oh Animal Crossing!

I also had this moment when Melba gave me a letter that basically said that she was too embarrassed to give me this item that she sent in with her letter. What did she give me you ask? A "men's toilet." Melba I would be embarrassed sending any form of toilet in a letter, but okay! I'll be happy to sell it to Reese explaining what you did.

Yeah that's happened to me before. Sometimes villagers who are moving out will talk about events that are happening AFTER their supposed move-out date. It's pretty funny.

Fang just asked me for a cherry...as he was standing right beside a cherry tree LOL

Omgggg yes I agree. I love it when they let you run an errand when they could do it themselves (like asking for fruits when they're right next to a fruit tree, or telling you to give something to someone because they're too embarrassed, but the recipient is like 3 meters away).
Not a villager, but I also laugh whenever I lead Saharah to my house for renovation; she can't seem to go around a bunch of bushes lined up (3-4 bushes) and she lags behind until she shouts out to me. Hehehe. x)

Sometimes, my villagers will ask me to deliver a package to someone who's standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM -.-

Sometimes, my villagers will ask me to deliver a package to someone who's standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM -.-

Yupp!

- - - Post Merge - - -

they aren't real people, but they are just programmed digital pieces that act like a real person. It's just a coincidence (●?ω`●).
You mean to tell me that there aren't any actual little critters living inside my 3ds? :(

I think the funniest is when a lazy villager requests your run an errand because he is so lazy or hungry and is standing 2 feet away from their delivery recipient or a fruit tree. They really live up to their personality! xD

ya, save me on thinking what to actually write on the letters for my villagers. usualky, i just type in random words and send. at the end of the day, they'll still like it lol

My favourite was once when I caught a flea off Kabuki and he freaked out and made me promise not to tell anyone. Then I immediately talked to him and he said "Wait... you're into the secret art of the flea too?! It's my obsession!" and then proceeded to buy it off me.

Maybe he's actually really smart and was trying to hide the evidence...

"Can you deliver this package to this villager that's two feet away from me because I've had it too long and I'm embarrassed"

Edit: Should have read this thread before I posted something that like, 5 people before me said. My bad.

Last edited:
Back