• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I just noticed something after reading an article...

NebulaNights

On and off lurker. >.>
Bells
Switch
5137-7037-9125
Island
Gem Sea
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Spring Sakura
Stardust Easter Egg
Pink Balloon
Stitches
Pink Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
New Horizons Token
Pink Hybrid Lily
Chocolate Cake
OK, so I was on my phone just a few minutes ago reading an article about Animal Crossing: New Horizons I think by gamespot and I noticed something that really sparked my interest. It said somewhere in there you can choose any facial feature regardless of gender. I then realized you can! I happen to look at the end of the trailer after reading this and one of the characters is a girl with one of the boy's eyes! I was shocked!

I thought it was a boy cross dressing as a girl with a girl's hairstyle and dress. I didn't realize that we can choose any facial feature choice even if it was a boy's or a girl's. I'm pretty sure this is true, but if it's not, please someone correct me. I've always had my eye on choosing one of the boy's facial features, but it was a boy's and I didn't want to play as a boy. If this is true, it's pretty darn neat if you ask me! Just thought I share. :D

All of the face options and hair can be used on either gender!
I think it's neat due to some of the male faces would be super cute to use.

So, the girls can have the droopy male eyes which looks like your villager has an intense bout of allergies? ^^;

Last edited:
Actually, you know something? I changed my mind. It was neat that you can choose the opposite gender facial features, but I think it would be a little awkward. I'll just stick to the girl's eyes since I'm a girl. xD

I want to look like an adult. Puberty was light years ago. Why must we be eternally stuck in it in AC. LOL

I want to look like an adult. Puberty was light years ago. Why must we be eternally stuck in it in AC. LOL

I feel like it'd look a bit weird if the characters resembled adults. The way they look now is more approachable for people of all ages to feel connected with their character.

I feel like it'd look a bit weird if the characters resembled adults. The way they look now is more approachable for people of all ages to feel connected with their character.

I think they cater to kids, and not the many adults that play AC.

thank GOD. it was nice that you could freely wear any clothes in new leaf but were restricted when it came to hair and eyes.

i hope we get a lot more mouth shapes. if you watch the treehouse gameplay from E3, when aya and nogami sit side by side nogami's character has a slightly wider default smile.

I think they cater to kids, and not the many adults that play AC.

It's a game for children, we just happen to play it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

thank GOD. it was nice that you could freely wear any clothes in new leaf but were restricted when it came to hair and eyes.

i hope we get a lot more mouth shapes. if you watch the treehouse gameplay from E3, when aya and nogami sit side by side nogami's character has a slightly wider default smile.

Male characters always have wider mouth than female characters in animal crossing, so it's more if we have the option to pick between those two. You can check this yourself in pocket camp character creator!

It's a game for children, we just happen to play it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Male characters always have wider mouth than female characters in animal crossing, so it's more if we have the option to pick between those two. You can check this yourself in pocket camp character creator!

I don't think it was intended just for children at all, and several million adults just happened upon it and started playing.

It has a G rating also.

The creator, Katsuya Eguchi, said he wanted a game he could play with his family.

i guess the difficult thing about the character being an adult, is...... what would an adult look like in ac? what could be changed from how the characters look rn

i guess the difficult thing about the character being an adult, is...... what would an adult look like in ac? what could be changed from how the characters look rn

Less of a chubby belly, a little taller, maybe the option for a bit of stubble on the face. LOL

I don't think it was intended just for children at all, and several million adults just happened upon it and started playing.

It has a G rating also.

The creator, Katsuya Eguchi, said he wanted a game he could play with his family.

Nah, Nintendo has really always marketed their games towards all ages, for the most part. There were even a few Gameboy ads back in the 90s that were kind of adult-themed in their humor.

Though, I do think that, since New Leaf, Animal Crossing has exploded and gotten far more popular than ever before, especially with the adult crowd.

I heard about that, and it honestly makes me really happy to see that no features/hairstyles are specified to one gender only, or are labeled as such. I'm also just super glad we can choose what we look like rather than answering a bunch of questions that determine our appearance. Using a guide wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it's kind of annoying to look up the desired answers each time. ;v;

Just this fact makes the game already the best AC ever. Having much more freedom in terms of
creating your character is really nice and I'm glad they give the player now much more freedom
in general.

Oh no this means girls can have those creepy serial killer eyes. Yikes. You all know what I?m talking about right lmao

Yes!! I am also very excited about that. I've always preferred the "male version" of one of the face/eye options cause I don't like the eyelashes the "female" one has, so it's nice that I get to pick the "masculine" one while still getting to play as a female.

I thought this was cool at first but i always pick the face option with the blush marks so i won't use this feature lol. it is good that everything is gender neutral now. I just hope the male villagers can wear dresses

Back