• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I don't think this game is for me

Paperboy012305

MK8 Male Villager Main
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Green Cotton Candy
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Swamp Potion
New Leaf Token
Invader
Spring Shamrock
Yoshi Easter Egg
August Birthstone (Peridot)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Pear (Fruit)
The thing is. I try to make villager's houses so popular, but people rarely rate them.

I recently made Samson's house of an impression to Indiana Jones. I felt so proud of it, but of course, nobody rated it. I don't understand. Why am I not getting 100+ ratings and how does this girl always get the most ratings?

(Here's Frank's house, my favorite house that she made)
0199-7724-487

It just makes me so depressed. :( Do you guys know any tips and ideas so I can be just like her? Cause unlike you guys, that's one of the main reasons why I wanted to play this game. Thanks.

To be completely honest, I think there should be a thread where you show what you've done and post the codes. Make it happen Justin

The thing is. I try to make villager's houses so popular, but people rarely rate them.

I recently made Samson's house of an impression to Indiana Jones. I felt so proud of it, but of course, nobody rated it. I don't understand. Why am I not getting 100+ ratings and how does this girl always get the most ratings?

(Here's Frank's house, my favorite house that she made)
0199-7724-487

It just makes me so depressed. :( Do you guys know any tips and ideas so I can be just like her? Cause unlike you guys, that's one of the main reasons why I wanted to play this game. Thanks.

You should play the game to have fun, not to get popular; I mean, do what you like, but if you try to be someone you're not or do something just for people to like you or whatever you're doing, you're going to end up just being more depressed than you already are. I am diagnosed with serious depression, so, I understand this very well since; whether I consciously choose to think a certain way or subconsciously, I worry about what people think about things I say or do (designs, posts on TBT included ~ that's why I'll edit my posts a lot because I worry about offending people when I shouldn't be when I know I am doing my best to be respectful). Every person has different tastes, different opinions and you can't please everyone. Also, the world's a big place ;). My designs are hardly getting rated too; would I like to have 9999 in every category; yeah -- if they really like it. If they don't like it, that's okay. Sure, I feel disappointed and frustrated at times, but rather than dwell on it, I just move on and continue playing the game (while also looking to see if there is any way I can improve the room if I'm personally not 100% satisfied with it). I know I put a lot of effort in a room and my own perception of my design is what matters the most; not what anyone else thinks.

Chin up and cheer up. ^^

And sorry if this sounds cold from me. ><

- - - Post Merge - - -

To be completely honest, I think there should be a thread where you show what you've done and post the codes. Make it happen Justin

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?324531-Happy-Home-Network-Sharing!

Last edited:
They have a snowball effect in popularity for the HHN. Don't feel bad. The popular get more popular and others don't until a design is recognized. All my designs have sub 100 votes to like 2 votes and then one design has over 1000 because it was recognized. Don't feel bad.

I really liked your designs. Especially your Dave n busters arcade. That one was so creative. I think you're just focusing too much on popularity. But if that's what you desire than that's your choice. You could probably get more popular if you made a Twitter. I think that's how my shop got recognized.

Last edited:
You might want to take a break from the game to get into a different mindset. Unless you're a popular blogger or something, it's highly unlikely for people to get really high scores. If that's what you're chasing you're gonna wind up disappointed.

(Also, the game's been out for ages in Japan, so they've had oodles more practice making rad stuff)

You're right guys. I've been a little too cuckoo over this, but I do kinda wish I get a 100+ at least once.

You might want to take a break from the game to get into a different mindset. Unless you're a popular blogger or something, it's highly unlikely for people to get really high scores. If that's what you're chasing you're gonna wind up disappointed.

(Also, the game's been out for ages in Japan, so they've had oodles more practice making rad stuff)
Goodness. I checked your tumblr account and wow, you only get a few notes. I'm quite shocked because you design so well.
I guess that girl that maxed out its overall ratings must have a popular twitter/tumblr account. So... I guess I was worrying over nothing. :p

Goodness. I checked your tumblr account and wow, you only get a few notes. I'm quite shocked because you design so well.
I guess that girl that maxed out its overall ratings must have a popular twitter/tumblr account. So... I guess I was worrying over nothing. :p

Yep. The only times my tumblr posts pass 100 notes is when a popular blogger re-blogs them, and the only time my network house passed 100 was when that girl whose Frank house you posted re-tweeted it. That's how these things work :p

Yep. The only times my tumblr posts pass 100 notes is when a popular blogger re-blogs them, and the only time my network house passed 100 was when that girl whose Frank house you posted re-tweeted it. That's how these things work :p
Ahh. So its the power of a popular blogger that makes this happen. I get it.

A few weeks ago I posted here on the boards and I know who actually came to my homes and voted on them because there were only 2 people who PMed about my houses.

I actually know what scores they gave me - one person in particular gave me zeros in all categories except one for "cute".

It hurt more than random strangers.
I know the feels. I'm sorry that happened to you!

A few weeks ago I posted here on the boards and I know who actually came to my homes and voted on them because there were only 2 people who PMed about my houses.

I actually know what scores they gave me - one person in particular gave me zeros in all categories except one for "cute".

It hurt more than random strangers.
I know the feels. I'm sorry that happened to you!

That's a really mean thing to do. One poster from this forum did the same thing to me, they gave me a 1 which made me sad because they said that they had really liked my house, but I guess not.

This is why in the end, I just remember that as long as I like my house or whatever, that's what counts. Also the animals get super happy no matter what so lol

i didn't know people played hhd solely for getting likes or whatever lol i barely even use that aspect of it. i upload designs but i never check if people have seen them (which they probably haven't because there have got to be hundreds of thousands of uploads by now). like other people have said, play for fun. or to relax. it's gonna get old real fast if you're playing for likes.

i didn't know people played hhd solely for getting likes or whatever lol i barely even use that aspect of it. i upload designs but i never check if people have seen them (which they probably haven't because there have got to be hundreds of thousands of uploads by now). like other people have said, play for fun. or to relax. it's gonna get old real fast if you're playing for likes.

Agreed. I haven't even uploaded anything to HHD except my house for the first challenge. And honestly, I hated that one because I didn't have the stuff I wanted for it unlocked yet. I'm having a lot of fun with the game though. I'll probably upload pictures to HHD once I get more items unlocked. But for now, it's an interesting challenge to try to make a good house for the animal's requested theme with what you do have.

Popularity begets popularity, feeding on itself, and it's not a measurement of quality. Let your creativity be its own reward, and share it here where people know you thus are more likely to appreciate and be inspired by what you do.

I kind of feel the same - I usually post my designs on Instagram and occasionally Tumblr, and I hardly get any visits and, when I do, lately people have been voting 3 in one category and nothing in the others, or rating 1 in all the categories. It makes me sad for a bit, and kinda makes me not want to upload, but I guess as long as I'm happy with them and the animal likes them then it doesn't really matter.

Regarding the feedback: if someone thinks a house is really cute (3 stars), but they would not choose to live there (0 stars)-what should the rater do? Lie? Give one star to "be polite?" I guess I just don't see the problem with ratings that focus on what the rater liked rather than filling out every rating category. I'd prefer honest opinions, not just flattering ones.

Last edited:

Yeah, I hardly ever upload anything and I don't really look at other people's designs. I never check my ratings - I doubt I even have any. It's just not part of the game that interests me.

I would jusy play for fun. Playing for popularity will only cause you to wind up depressed.

Back