i bought a ds lite :P

David

Bells
/blogtree

got the dark blue one, pretty cool. now i need to get an R4? how well do these work, does anyone have one?

couldve got a dsi but the 10 dollar difference turned me away.

@10 dollar difference turned me away

Dear God man, it's 10 dollars.

That's like a week of wait.

I wouldn't know much of either, seeing as I'm not a Nintendo type guy, but it's likely the DSi is worth 10 extra.

R4's are a bit difficult to work... You have to know what you're doing. It's basically a more advanced version of homebrew.

Numner said:

I wouldn't know much of either, seeing as I'm not a Nintendo type guy, but it's likely the DSi is worth 10 extra.
pointless features dont attract me. taking pictures? i have a cell phone and canon 7D, buying mini games? no thanks, if i wanna play mini games ill use the app store on my ipod.

Bacon Boy said:
R4's are a bit difficult to work... You have to know what you're doing. It's basically a more advanced version of homebrew.
It's not working it thats hard, all it is is basic folder labelling and dragging/dropping. im just wondering how reliable it is.

David said:
Numner said:

pointless features dont attract me. taking pictures? i have a cell phone and canon 7D, buying mini games? no thanks, if i wanna play mini games ill use the app store on my ipod.
They don't have the same games.

David said:
Bacon Boy said:
It's not working it thats hard, all it is is basic folder labelling and dragging/dropping. im just wondering how reliable it is.
You don't want to wi-fi with them, unless you want to risk it.

[Nook said:
,Oct 2 2010, 05:37:13 PM]
David said:
Numner said:

big deal. i dont feel the need to pay another 10 bucks plus tax so i can pay even more to download little mini games.

David said:
[Nook said:
David said:
Numner said:

big deal. i dont feel the need to pay another 10 bucks plus tax so i can pay even more to download little mini games.
You don't have to download them and I would have just saved for the 3DS. Virtual Console. Awesome games (might import because I doubt the American version will have the awesome pre-installed games).

Bacon Boy said:
David said:
[Nook said:
David said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You don't have to download them and I would have just saved for the 3DS. Virtual Console. Awesome games (might import because I doubt the American version will have the awesome pre-installed games).
not spending that much on a portable system. its just for casual use, my main gaming is done on my xbox.

David said:
Bacon Boy said:
David said:
[Nook said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
not spending that much on a portable system. its just for casual use, my main gaming is done on my xbox.
You forget, though, most handhelds are like consoles now.

Regardless, one game you need to get if you like storyline and gameplay is The World Ends With You.

Bacon Boy said:
Difficult to work? You download files, drag into minisd, drag ROM in. BAM

also get acekard2i.

i cant find a flash card that i dont need paypal to buy.. my moms credit card never works with paypal for some reason. might just end up buying games. theyre dirt cheap anyway. i just picked up hotel dusk for 14 bucks.

Gnome said:
Bacon Boy said:
Difficult to work? You download files, drag into minisd, drag ROM in. BAM

also get acekard2i.
I meant more along the lines of making the files. i.e. hacks

^I agree. When the 3DS is actually out you're gonna wish you had waited a few more months...

Tyeforce said:
Why would you get a DS at this point in time?! The 3DS is only months away...
^
I agree, with Tye, the DS Lite is a absolute rip-off if you're buying it just for casual use but, if you bought the thing to play DS and GBA cartridges that would be different. Once the 3DS comes around, you're going to be wishing that you saved your money for it instead of spending it on a DS Lite. The 3DS will be able to play DS & 3DS Games and have downloadable Gameboy games which will save a crap load of money for everyone wanting to experience the handheld classics(GBA games haven't been confirmed yet).

Back