• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How will you design your town?

I want my town to have an "Idol" lore to it, so this delay gives me nine months to plan out how I really want my town and if I change my mind on my current town "lore". Even so, I want my town to have sort of a cutesy feel to it >,<;

Same as ACNL, have all my villagers together and my housr far, far away. Basically I am the Shrek of Animal Crossing

have a resident area, with the animals and my alt accounts, with a bunch of flowers. Then have a merchant place with retail and whatever other shops I put. I want an orchard in another area, though actually I may have a garden with all this new crafting. Man I want to do so much with this game. Finally my house and the Town hall next to each other so I can visit Isabelle every day easy (if Isabelle is present...or even a town hall)

I?m thinking I am going to put forth efforts to be really organized. So, some methodical approach will be in order. This means placement of houses to be aligned in a way that is easy to navigate the island.

What I imagine I may do is not place any houses on the sand. That is a nice option to have. But, I am thinking I will have houses near. I would place beach furniture on the sand. But I would have houses nearby so that humans and villagers would have their property enjoying the convenience of access.

This is some of what I picture myself doing.

What I would like to know has to also do with buildings. What to do with those will also require my attention.

The more we will learn, gradually, about ?Animal Crossing: New Horizons,? the better I will know with what I will end up doing.

I barely even know anything about how the designing will work, why would I be thinking about the entire island for that now?

*plops down a tent and goes fishing*

I don't know much about all the different furniture that can be placed outside or all of the mechanics of NH, but I definitely want to put my house next to the waterfall, like oh my goodness, the water is so beautiful! even though that means I'm at the back of the map, but still. I might have villagers scattered around the map so that they seem to be everywhere? Maybe one or two of the players that I make will live on the beach in a tent, just living a simple life. And maybe have a community garden and bonfire so that they can huddle together when it's cold...and...YES, a botanical garden in the centre of the map if I can, yeah that would be nice :blush: anyway, just brainstorming, I will be doing actual planning when the game comes out and when we get more information about it. Seriously, I will be doing lots of drawings and sketches of ideas when it comes out coz I love the whole landscaping part of the game :D

Only the best for my villager!!! All houses will be ocean front. Probably not on the actual beach, but right next to it in the grass.

I, too, like all the shops and such to be next to each other to create a ?town? feel.

The rest of the island will be for foraging/ exploring and as natural as possible.

Back