• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How many times did you reset to get your map?

GalacticGhost

.-* elusive clown *-.
Bells
Switch
0447-0547-8209
Island
Windgarden
July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Title says it all, really. I'm just curious because right now I'm resetting to get a good map for my second town.

When I first started playing NL and made Lumatown, I had no idea I could keep resetting to get different maps. I also had no idea what kind of layout I wanted my town to have, so I just picked a map out of the first four I was given.

However, I got a second copy of NL for Christmas, and I know exactly what kind of layout I want my second town to have. Unfortunately, I've resetted over 80 times, and I STILL haven't found what I want...

In my original town, I found my map on the first try. (I think it was the second of the four options.) In Pripyat, I spent a couple of days resetting. What a pain! But, like you, I wanted my second town to look a certain way and I refused to give up until I was happy.

once
then i got the map i was satisfied w/
a pretty straight river, and 2 like little bumps in the river where i could put my house, make a bridge and then put an orchid on the other side
lemme like
show u the one i got
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ced374bfeb89bdbc91b72bcd97a5dcd9/tumblr_mo7p62s89d1svownfo4_1280.png
i got C4 in the 3rd box at the top, the far right one
ideally i wanted B5 in that same box but i can put up with the one i have

Ohhhh OK! I think the one Lumatown has is C3 in the box on the left in the second row.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In my original town, I found my map on the first try. (I think it was the second of the four options.) In Pripyat, I spent a couple of days resetting. What a pain! But, like you, I wanted my second town to look a certain way and I refused to give up until I was happy.

I think I'll end up spending a few days resetting, too! D: I started doing it yesterday. I would have started sooner, but I was afraid of spending a long time just trying to get the perfect map. ...And that's exactly what's happening! :( I did come very close to getting what I want earlier, but the town had oranges and I want either apples or cherries.

I didn't realize that town-resetting was a thing when I made my first town.

But for my second town....

I reset so many times that it took me pretty much a week to get the perfect layout.

A few times, to get somewhat good starters and a good map so i dont get annoying small spaces in the corners. Might have to build another bridge but meh there are worse.

When I made Fishbowl, I reset 2 or 3 times. I wanted pears and a blue train station, and I got both pretty quickly.

I never look for specific map layouts - I just see which of the four options given looks the easiest to navigate. I can't fathom how difficult it must be to reset for hours/days for the perfect map, so kudos to those who have the patience!

The first time I just wanted to play, so I took one of the first.
Now I know exactly what I want... I've been resetting for 3 months, thousand times, I still haven't found my town. kill. me. now. :'(

I love my starting map and have never wanted to reset it even though it has three ponds. I actually think the ponds are well placed in my town, especially the one that divides the train station plaza from Re-Tail.

I have two copies and I just picked the first map for both. I guess I'm not really concerned with the layout. Thinking of it now, I probably should've chosen a different map for my second copy. But if it matters too much I'll just start it over since I've only played like five days.

It took me quite a while
I didnt count, but it took me 2 days to find my layout

Its B2 of the bottom right one, with two ponds

I've reset 110+ times now, and I still don't have the map I want...

What I'm trying to get is a town that has:

- Either apples or cherries as the native fruit
- Re-tail close to the dock
- A 'private' beach (where there is no ramp leading to it)
- A train station that is any colour except green
- A blue town hall
- A 'bubble' of land (where there's a smallish area surrounded by river or the cliffs on three sides)
- Star-shaped snow

ehh 3 or 4 times i think. I found a good map pretty quickly, the only bad thing is that it hasn't got a private beach and that there are like 7 rocks ^^'
I still like the map a ton and I'm not really into map resetting for ages so yyeeeah

The first time I knew that I could reset and yet I still wanted to choose out of the first 4 maps that Rover gave me. I ended up with something I loved so I lucked out.

When I was resetting the other day I got my map on the 2nd reset. I'm still playing with it to see how it's going but it's quite nice so far.

My current town I probably reset between 20 or 30 times to get a nice map, my first ever town Dagobah, I picked the first map I saw and regretted it after a while lol

I probably spent a couple hours resetting. I mainly wanted a little peninsula for my own house and a decent strip for my residents to settle in. I'm not particular on fruits or ground patterns at all. I think it's nice to be able to work with what you're given, not be so obsessed with resetting that you make yourself sick. :)

About an hour or two. It got old pretty fast and I wasn't particularly picky. Although I do remember how horrified I was when I thought I had found the perfect map and then when I arrived at the town I found out it had peaches as the native fruit. Haha I reset so fast.

I can't even remember what specifications I had, but I really love my map! :D

Heaven: None. I was moving a character from one town to another and I was afraid if I reset I'd lose her and all her progress.
Moonview: None. I lucked out and was happy with the first map I got.

Back