• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How many male/female users are a part of this community?

Are you male or female?

• Total voters
I am male! It doesn't surprise me that a majority of users here are female based on ancedotal evidence about the AC community. I think it really gives the community a unique feel in a way compared to some other series communities.

I'm male myself and I've never had a in real life friend of the same gender that plays Animal Crossing. I think the only guys that play this franchise has either:

Picked it up due to a girlfriend/partner. Maybe a parent even? Siblings?

My case: Because I enjoy games like The Sims, or Habbo Hotel, and Stardew Valley, etc etc and so on. I remember always hiding my gaming collection as a teen back in 2006 and 2009 because of Wild World and City Folk. Haha oh how vain we were as teenagers... Heck, even New Leaf was still something I was ashamed of when I just started my 20's and bought the 3DS for it. I'm sure other guys can confess to this feeling.

But now due to the quarantine and how well New Horizons sold, I wouldn't be surprised if the fan-base grew with male players too haha!

I'm male myself and I've never had a in real life friend of the same gender that plays Animal Crossing. I think the only guys that play this franchise has either:

My case: Because I enjoy games like The Sims, or Habbo Hotel, and Stardew Valley, etc etc and so on. I remember always hiding my gaming collection as a teen back in 2006 and 2009 because of Wild World and City Folk. Haha oh how vain we were as teenagers... Heck, even New Leaf was still something I was ashamed of when I just started my 20's and bought the 3DS for it. I'm sure other guys can confess to this feeling.

But now due to the quarantine and how well New Horizons sold, I wouldn't be surprised if the fan-base grew with male players too haha!

Definitely love games like Harvest Moon, Sims (1 game in particular: Urbz on the DS), etc. as well! As a guy, I started playing Animal Crossing back in the GameCube days with the first game and have been a fan since then! :) I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of guys started playing Animal Crossing back in the day and just grew up with it. I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of guys got introduced to it due to friends or someone else we know or close to (got introduced to it by friends personally).

I've met quite a couple ac players that are male, some of them being my relatives and other being my friends. My IRL ratio (including myself) from girls:boys is 4:3, so it's pretty even.

I think, inevitably, over the years the male-to-female ratio has become relatively balanced out, and the poll seems to reflect that. Even online or in-game, I experience run-ins with both to a similar degree. It's quite nice, honestly, since many (including my past self) would say that Animal Crossing is a "girls' game." But that's like anime is only for girls or something, which is obviously not true...

i'm a girl, my brother (who is genderfluid but presenting as male right now) plays too tho! i think with games like ac there was a sort of stigma if u were male aligned, like "eewww haha girly game" personally think thats bs guys can like nice soft cute life sim games too!

In my case I think somebody bought it for me because it had animal in the title and I liked animals but I have absolutely no idea. As a kid I had no way of knowing about games unless I saw them in the store or I maybe saw somebody else playing them, and I was restricted in what I was allowed to play so some games I would never have had the chance to touch. That meant I was pushed more towards "family friendly" games and some of those animal crossing type games were what I had available to me in the absence of other stuff I didn't even know existed.

I played nintendogs because my cousin played nintendogs. We would play together and she gave me lots of cool stuff and taught me how to play. (She also wanted to be a hair stylist and definitely tried to practice on me, probably a couple of times, which I don't think I appreciated. I just wanted to play nintendogs all the time when she was going through that phase. I think I went along with it once because she let me play nintendogs and I didn't have my own copy yet...video games were worth putting up with letting my cousin mess with my hair, and I didn't have very many at the time yet. Plus I liked animals and I really really wanted a dog.)

I played harvest moon a lot but have no idea how I got into it. Maybe somebody gave me my first one bc there were animals on the title and then I got into it and wanted to play the others? I was so little when I tried all of these games that nothing but "fun game cool animals" ran through my head at the time, and then they were parts of my childhood as I got older so. Being like, six, makes you much more easily entertained too, but my best friend also ran around in a tutu when we were kids and "boys like this, girls like this" wasn't as super hammered down on me as a kid so that probably helped too. Probably would never have glanced twice at harvest moon/sos as a teenager though. Honestly I would probably walk by the new fomt game nowadays if I didn't already know I liked the series, until somebody convinced me that it was a game series I definitely needed to try.

My true love was always pokemon though. Pokemon was the coolest thing at my school/daycare when I was a kid, and honestly the only game I ever heard other kids talking about. One kid could "hack" and he had lv.100 shiny pokemon which made him the coolest kid I knew who played pokemon at the time.

Female~ though I wouldn't have played animal crossing if it wasn't for my friends who are male (actually majority of my friends are male... only a few female friends since childhood)

i'm female, i only know 2 males that play animal crossing (to be fair i know like 5 people irl)
my brother and my sister's boyfriend play it

my brother got it because i watched that 30min ac video nintendo released last year and he noticed it and was surprisingly interested (he normally plays those ps4 realistic looking games)
and my sister's boyfriend literally played it because my sister played it

Non - binary gang rise up!
Back when I first made this account I identified as female, but I've come to terms with my identity more as the years went by :3

It's one of those things I always knew deep down, but my erm... upbringing always made me question it.

I’m a female! 🥰

It’s really nice seeing that there is a non binary option and the ability to change your vote. Just makes me happy to see it. Coming to terms with my sexuality took me a long time so I can only imagine figuring out your gender identity is complicated as well so being able to change your answer is really lovely 🥰

Reactions: Dog
I changed my vote to non-binary since I recently came out as gender fluid!

Reactions: Dog
Back