• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How many male/female users are a part of this community?

Are you male or female?

• Total voters
I guess many people stereotype Animal Crossing as a "girly" game due to it's cutesy style, which results in the gender skew. I personally find it appropriate for any gender. Classifying things as "boyish" or "girly" is just plain silly. If the world wasn't like this I bet the gender ratio would be pretty close to 1:1 on here.

With how old this poll is I wonder what an updated one would look like!

I honestly think that would be a bad idea considering the immense sample size this poll has (over 3,500 individuals, wow!). Even if people are inactive, they still should be accounted for to represent an accurate figure for a community average.

idk i think an updated thread would be nice, some of us have had gender-related epiphanies since 2013 hehe

idk i think an updated thread would be nice, some of us have had gender-related epiphanies since 2013 hehe

Unless there is a way to update your vote due to change in gender identity (I assume that is what you meant), I don't think this thread needs to be updated because I think this poll has such a large sample size that it paints a very accurate picture of the community demographics overall. Updating the thread would produce the same results down the line, but I guess I see keeping this thread around just reinforces the accuracy of it due to the sample size getting larger. Just my 2 cents.

Unless there is a way to update your vote due to change in gender identity (I assume that is what you meant), I don't think this thread needs to be updated because I think this poll has such a large sample size that it paints a very accurate picture of the community demographics overall. Updating the thread would produce the same results down the line, but I guess I see keeping this thread around just reinforces the accuracy of it due to the sample size getting larger. Just my 2 cents.

there's also tons of older members who have gone inactive though, plus with the surge that's bound to happen when nh releases i'd wager a new thread would give a better sense of more current times. like idk if i'd say there's double the amount of females onsite right now.

if a new thread does happen i suggest the inclusion of "neither/other" :eyes:

there's also tons of older members who have gone inactive though, plus with the surge that's bound to happen when nh releases i'd wager a new thread would give a better sense of more current times. like idk if i'd say there's double the amount of females onsite right now.

Complelty agree, we'd still prob get the same results, more female than male, but there needs to be an other option as well. Taking into account old inactive members give false numbers in terms that it isn't entirely accurate anymore.

Complelty agree, we'd still prob get the same results, more female than male, but there needs to be an other option as well. Taking into account old inactive members give false numbers in terms that it isn't entirely accurate anymore.

I definitely see the point y'all trying to make, I guess it depends on how we want to view this poll: is this a poll for the currently active TBT community or for the TBT member base as a whole? To me, I guess I have viewed the latter as the case so the poll is more accurate with a larger sample size in that context (as in keeping this thread alive). If we want to have poll for the active community, then a new poll needs to be made entirely to have accurate results.

I mean there's nothing stopping you from making a new list, right? Does it really matter all that much?

I mean there's nothing stopping you from making a new list, right? Does it really matter all that much?

it's just a suggestion, there's no need to be rude.

also i'm not making a new thread because this one is stickied already, i would want staff approval before making a new version of a stickied thread.

I wasn't trying to be rude, just stating the obvious. You might just want to ask the staff about it sometime.

I'm a guy. As for how I feel about male or female players...It would have to depend on how they are as a person. A jerk is a jerk no matter the gender, after all. As long as they play nice with me I won't go around blocking them; Just common sense, y'know?

female~
looks like there are more females than males here on the forums lmao (according to those who voted in the poll)

Yeesh. Definitely wish to change my result since it isn't accurate anymore.

I'm female, as well. I thought for sure there was gonna be a more even split but I guess not!

Also, I want to add my voice to the people saying there should be a thread with more options, and I think someone should just make it without worrying too much about this thread right here. Clearly there's a lot of precedent to do it, since a lot of people keep asking, so I don't think anyone would be upset if someone made a "2020 edition" or something. I'd do it myself but since I just joined I don't want anyone to feel like I'm stepping on any toes.

Back