• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

how loud do you listen to your music when on earphones/headphones?

Really loud according to other people but I am used to it and don't think it's that loud, my dad said he almost went deaf when he listened to the music on my ipod nano I had it up so loud.

It depends, usually around the middle. If i'm on the bus or something I'll have it pretty quiet so i don't annoy other people

loud because it's the only way i can listen to my music without getting yelled at for it

I normally have my volume on 3 (5 when I'm outside) so I guess I'm low/middle. I was never one for super loud music.

Ehh, in between quiet and loud. I have headphones that have high blast. So I usually put it around 10-16 at the least. No more than that.

I'm pretty cautious about volume these days as I've lost some of my hearing to listening to loud music for years. I have a studio headphone/tube amplifier setup so it can get quite loud but I'll only rarely crank it all the way up. No regrets! :cool:

Pretty loud. Loud enough that I can't even hear the noise of the bus, which is loud. It also stops people from talking to me.

Depends what song I'm listening to. If I was listening to something soft, I wouldn't exactly blast it. If I was listening to something a little heavier, or maybe something I wanna dance to, I'll play it so loud the neighbors will go deaf before me.

All the way usually. Sometimes, that isn't even enough. XD

I usually have it very low, I just want it in the background. I am sensitive to loud noises and can't stand having it loud.

I'm HoH so I need my audio to be loud to understand it. However, if I'm listening with earphones, my phone has a neat little warning that says "this is too loud are you sure you want to listen at this volume" and I have no idea why but that makes me feel a bit sad and convinces me to listen to it softer. I guess it's because I have a tendancy to draw out emotions from the weirdest of things.

Last edited:
It honestly depends on how I'm feeling, if I want to relax then I will obviously have it on a low volume but if I'm travelling somewhere, which I frequently do, I have it quite loud as I mainly get the train to college and trains can be a bit loud, but if I'm travelling by car, I'll still have it on (almost) full volume. :')

earphones - usually halfway because the bus is loud and half is just perfect for me to hear it
Laptop - usually 3-4 bars/block thingies on my mac

Last edited:
it depends , the max i have it is the halfway mark , maybe one higher , but usually a little less than half

Around 12% on cowon and computer.
I've invested in mid-range earphones so rather than wanting sound thrown in my ears, I enjoy noticing every intricate detail of music and it's arrangement. Aaaand groove~

I used to play music loud... but I guess that's because the sound was muddy due to the compression.

Back