• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

How "finished" is your island? How much time have you spent? Do you timetravel?

Roughly, how "finished" is your island?

• <20%

Votes: 206 26.8%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 192 25.0%
  • 50-80%

Votes: 199 25.9%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 147 19.1%
  • 100% Done

Votes: 24 3.1%

• Total voters
I think that my island is ~65% finished. I haven't played the game in several weeks and haven't seriously decorated for much longer. I have about 350 hours in the game, I think. I have not time traveled. The loading screens and daily chores prevented it from being a tempting prospect for me.

I hope that I can get back into it and finish decorating at some point. A decent QoL of life update would definitely draw me back in, but I am not optimistic that there will be one at this point.

Reactions: eko
I think I'm about 80% done with mine. I have an empty spot where I was planning to put the café when Nintendo release it, but I think I'll be planting pumpkins and creating some sort of mini-orchard. It's been empty for months now and it spoils the view, so I think it's about time to do something about it. Of course, once I'm happy with that spot, they'll release the café and I'll have to redo it lol.

I change mine when I get bored, so I don't think I will ever be done. Yesterday I leveled one of my cliffs and moved all my villager houses, so yes...I time travel :D

Dude are you kidding? Depression hit me like a train and I just suddenly dropped the game one day and never picked it up again. My island is probably like -5% done right now and ugh I wanna pick up the game but I feel like I'm just going to be endlessly stressed about it-

A bit of an update my island progress is still the same percentage done since I just tore down and rebuilt my camp. I am probably going to keep seeing my island as a work in progress as they real more furniture and stuff

Due to my autumn overhaul and new ideas for my island's terraforming and layout, I'm under 20 percent for sure, but I have a lot of houses to move now and have to re-do my rivers, make a little lake, ugh, so many many things! I have a fair bit cataloged, but am still missing a lot and the same goes for recipes. I'm missing some critters but not too many, thankfully. I do not time travel, ever, but some day I might decide to try it. We'll see! I'm weird about not TTing.

Just completed a huge overhaul of my flower level (yes it's a whole level, lol), in anticipation for pumpkin-growing season! I now have a huge rainbow of flowers! While a few holes exist here and there of flowers I've gotten rid of in the interim and now have to grow a few again, since I got the final Blue Rose, it was time to show off my accomplishments to my 1 friend. lol I do not time travel.

I’ve logged in 185 hours and am about 95% finished. All that’s left is to start on the pumpkin patch and clean up one of the artificial islets I created.

For me, it is a matter of calling it done.

My island, Óhana, is about 90 percent done. Touch-ups, here and there, before I feel comfortable to establish a Dream Address code. But, with Halloween, I am considering outside décor which are just touches here and there. Nothing dominant.

I do want to whip into shape the cast of islanders that I will have. Due to Halloween, I just added Lucky. And I am about to add Kiki. So, I will spend October doing Halloween-related tasks.

I also received my order for a second Nintendo Switch—the “AC” one—and will use my new island as a temporary for other matters; like picking a different airport color and getting different exterior furniture pieces. Maybe some of them will be good for my first island. So, I have plenty to do.

I’ve played the game for a total of around 300 hours and I’m about 45% done on my island. I did time travel a little when I first started to hurry up unlocking the shops but it don’t TT anymore.

played about 450 hours, and I'd say my island is like 75% there...got a couple places I wanna redo or tidy up but overall it's looking pretty good I think? I didn't TT until literally a week ago, but now that I've done it once I think I'll continue to TT occasionally for villagers or events etc.

I would say I'm like 50% done now. My shops are where I want them. I have two villager homes in a nice spot. My museum and my house are around the proper area. I am surprisingly decorated, but my lack of flowers cause Isabelle to give me two stars. All that is left is moving villagers to nice places and adding six more staircases and at least three more bridges.

It is coming together so nicely and I am so thankful that I have more trees on the island now!

your local tt’er here. i have 805 hours on the game, been slowing down a lot in the past couple of months. my island is probably best to be described as forever under construction since there’s always gonna be things i wanna change/fiddle around with. not in any rush to “finish” any time soon though bc personally if i do get to that point, i’d just stop playing completely lol.

• Love
My town isn't really "finished", but that's ok with me! There are still buildings and decorations to place so there's no way (for me) to tell just when I'll be done! I also don't time travel, so that makes it hard to be at a level that others are. I think I'm 50% done with my town though, which is pretty shocking now that I think about it!

I ended up reseting my first island so that set me back to zero, but I'm around the 40% mark as it stands :D

I'm around 85% done! Still waiting for mushroom seasonal stuff and other DIYs/furniture to get but I think my layout and furniture placement is good for now

i had to restart my island even though ive been playing since release (i got a new switch and the data transfer was too confusing) so now my island is extra unfinished, but I’m somehow making more progress on my new island faster than my other one haha. but i‘m nowhere near done. also, I do not tt because I’m too scared to lol

I just restarted my island the other day...so...nowhere near done. My Resident Services building is being converted from a tent as we speak. XD

Back