How does your save file get corrupted?

Also, game cards and SD cards only hold about a million read/write/savess. Once it is full, it can gt corrupted or not ssave. It may seem like a lot of saves but take note, every time you load your game it reads from the card which has an impact on it. Also, it saves every time you save, visit HHS, visit another town, go to club tortimer and do tours, that million can be reached quickly.

Also, game cards and SD cards only hold about a million read/write/savess. Once it is full, it can gt corrupted or not ssave. It may seem like a lot of saves but take note, every time you load your game it reads from the card which has an impact on it. Also, it saves every time you save, visit HHS, visit another town, go to club tortimer and do tours, that million can be reached quickly.

I didn't know that either... This thread is making me all paranoid. I never had my own game system before and I've never really much been into videogames. Does your 3DS alert you when your SD Card gets full or near full?

That shouldn't actually affect it because the game gets a certain number of slots to use upon download (I'm talking about the digital version at least).

However, keep in mind that something can get corrupted sometimes due to no fault of the owner. I have had my brand new MacBook Pro fail on me 2 weeks after purchase and it never underwent any physical trauma whatsoever (luckily, I could get it exchanged and didn't lose any data). Technology can sadly fail at times. :(

I have heard of people who continuously reset for plot placement and what not have their data corrupt as well.

I didn't know that either... This thread is making me all paranoid. I never had my own game system before and I've never really much been into videogames. Does your 3DS alert you when your SD Card gets full or near full?

I wouldn't worry about a one million save limit. If that's true it would still take you decades to hit the limit. If you trigger 50 saves a day (I sure don't) it would take you over 50 years to reach a million. If you're going say say "50 saves a day, I do that!" then consider that to use up a million saves in five years, you'd need to save almost 5,500 times a day. Really. not going to add up that fast.

- - - Post Merge - - -

However, keep in mind that something can get corrupted sometimes due to no fault of the owner. I have had my brand new MacBook Pro fail on me 2 weeks after purchase and it never underwent any physical trauma whatsoever (luckily, I could get it exchanged and didn't lose any data). Technology can sadly fail at times. :(

Yeah, I think this is the key point - some games and some systems will fail no matter what. It's rare, and I wouldn't worry too hard about it. But it just happens sometimes.

Back