• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How do you feel about the new villager house interiors?

trenchdragon

Bells
This has probably been discussed here before, but I’m not really a fan of a lot of the villager’s house interiors in NH mainly because they... don’t feel or look like houses.

Biskit, Erik, Poppy, Keaton, and Victoria all have houses that are really heavily themed after something (backyard picnic, ski slope, horse track, gas station, autumn forest). I get that the designers were trying to be creative with these designs but it’s just so weird. Where do they even sleep?? Lol.

I remember playing wild world and new leaf when I was younger, when it started to rain I would run to one of my neighbours’ houses and chill in their cozy house until it passed. I don’t really enjoy hanging at villager’s houses anymore because I feel they have pizzazz but lack warmth and soul.

Some of them are extremely lacking, but overall I think they are fine.

i actually prefer the ones that don't look like houses! elvis, chief, marshal, sterling, and gala have some of my favourite interiors in the game o: since there are so few furniture sets, a lot of the interiors that just look like bedrooms end up looking very same-y to me~

Last edited:
I like a lot of them, but when I walk in and see them standing sleeping up because they have no bed or even a chair to sit on and take a nap in, I feel so bad.

I don't mind it that much, quite a few do actually have house looking houses like Maple, Peanut, Phoebe, Stitches, Judy (to name a few) but then you have Flora's house which isn't really a typical house but I love it nonetheless because it makes her feel more like a real animal because she has a watering hole that flamingo's would drink out of and other flamingos there too which is pretty funny!

There are so many villagers would just literal trash in their house and it makes me mad. What is chief house suppose to be

I actually choose my dream villagers because of the interior! And I absolutely don't like the ones with normal furniture like bed and closet and so on.. :D
I looove the design ideas of Poppy, chief, flora etc.. Haha :D it's funny to see that others have such a different opinion on this! :D
Post automatically merged:

There are so many villagers would just literal trash in their house and it makes me mad. What is chief house suppose to be

HAHA :D
Animal Crossing Wiki says about his name : "His name may be a reference to the leader of a wolf pack; sometimes called the chief." His interior looks to me like he's kind of a leader of a gang which strays through the streets and he's a badass fox in my eyes which I really really love :D He has a "stolen ring" in the middle as well.. Hihi ❤️😊

I like a lot of them but I have to say Mira's is so so disappointing to me, I even feel its a mistake since all it is is some chairs and the Dino cutout things

They really need to bring the old series furniture back. Some villager interiors are better in New Leaf. This really shows how significantly reduced the furniture selection are in this game.

Some I don't mind, some I do. Apparently Flora's is a good one because flamingos get stressed when they're not in a pack so she has 'fake' flamingoes to keep her company. They also apparently sleep standing up, so she doesn't have a bed.

Erik, on the other hand, got robbed of his adorable firery winter cabin.

they're repetitive, but they look good--thanks to the amazing graphics. due to the lack of series though, some villagers interiors lost their aesthetic or flavor. muffy, static & merengue for example.

they're repetitive, but they look good--thanks to the amazing graphics. due to the lack of series though, some villagers interiors lost their aesthetic or flavor. muffy, static & merengue for example.
I agree, I had Muffy and static in my NL town and their houses look a bit bland in NH. Nevertheless, I really like the both of them so I will be keeping them. Also, Roscoe’s house isn’t cool anymore and he doesn’t even wear the checkered shirt :(

i haven’t seen many interiors besides the ones of villagers i’ve had and still have but overall i think they’re fine - i’m not in love with many of the ones i’ve seen so far but they aren’t bad. i’ve seen a few people complain about beau’s interior and now that i have him and have seen it for myself, i don’t think it’s awful? i mean, it’s not my favourite or anything but it could be worse lol

I don't like how 70% of female villagers have the rattan set in different colors lol

Some of them have a lot of style to the point where I’ve taken inspiration from them.

Tasha’s (killer red, white & black theme) and Poppy’s (beautiful woodsy theme) are gorgeous.

@Altarium haha yes! I see rattan everywhere too. Savannah’s white rattan with teal accents is pretty though. 🥰

Yeah I find the villager interiors just... Lazy in this game. And obviously suffering from the lack of sets -- I guess it's stupid but the disappointment I have when someone new moves in and they too have rattan furniture..😅😅
There are some I do like, but I think as a whole so much of the design is lazy. It's like when they were designing the game each house took about 5 minutes to design.

I think interiors are not that bad, but they're suffering from the lack of furniture, as others said. I have 3 villagers with the same wooden-block furniture(Judy, Bob and Goldie) in different colors and it's kinda meh. But others like Poppy, Katt and Julian have pretty unique(among my other villagers) setups.

I really miss the old Flora's House...
1591531737258.png

4b5f6287f6de5d8429f2df4401a64503a76d8a6e.jpg

Now... where is the house?? :C

Back