How do you feel about the hourly music?

cindamia

Bells
Arcade Tokens
I like it, I just don't love the music in new horizons as much as wild world or new leafs music.
Its not bad, but sometimes I play the new leaf/wild world ost music on youtube while playing on my island.
Maybe it's just nostalgia getting to me!
Just wanted to know everyone else's opinions on the music. <3

Last edited:
So far, I like it but it's weird.

On one hand, it brings back the synth sound from the original Animal Crossing and having that same sorta feeling towards it. Which is really good in the case of some hour themes like 5pm.
But some hourly themes are pretty forgettable or not really good.
I would say it's on the same level as New Leaf's hourly themes for me, some hour themes are good while others are just there for the most part.

I like it fair enough, but I miss the variation of New Leaf a bit. Might just be my ears being off, but the songs here sound fairly similar to me. Or maybe I just miss the 7 pm music in NL.

I was SO glad when it unlocked tho, cos the music that played before you get resident services was driving me nuts haha

So far, I like it but it's weird.

On one hand, it brings back the synth sound from the original Animal Crossing and having that same sorta feeling towards it. Which is really good in the case of some hour themes like 5pm.
But some hourly themes are pretty forgettable or not really good.
I would say it's on the same level as New Leaf's hourly themes for me, some hour themes are good while others are just there for the most part.
I agree it's forgettable. :/
Post automatically merged:

I like it fair enough, but I miss the variation of New Leaf a bit. Might just be my ears being off, but the songs here sound fairly similar to me. Or maybe I just miss the 7 pm music in NL.

I was SO glad when it unlocked tho, cos the music that played before you get resident services was driving me nuts haha
omg yes NL 7pm music gets me every time!!

For the most part, I really do like it. Some tracks are better than others. I really love 5am, but I'm rarely up to hear it.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't an option on the Nook Phone to play our own choice of music. I'd probably play Stale Cupcakes or Farewell a lot during the evening hours when I play before bed.

For the most part, I really do like it. Some tracks are better than others. I really love 5am, but I'm rarely up to hear it.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't an option on the Nook Phone to play our own choice of music. I'd probably play Stale Cupcakes or Farewell a lot during the evening hours when I play before bed.
wow 5am is really pretty! lol I obviously don't get up that early.

I love it. The only track I don't like very much is 8 am. Other than that, it's really, really good. I really dig the jazz part (considering I love jazz period, lol).

omg yes NL 7pm music gets me every time!!
I feel like the 7 pm music from NL is such an interesting one, cos half the time people I meet loved it, but the other half thought it was super stressful.

To be honest, that might be the core of my "issue" with NH music. All of it is fair enough, but none of the tracks have really gripped me.
Post automatically merged:

wow 5am is really pretty! lol I obviously don't get up that early.
Just do like me and stay up to hear it ;)

it's not bad. but i went to youtube literally just last night to listen to 1pm, 5pm, 7pm, and 11pm and felt nostalgic about it so that says a lot.

I hated the hourly music in Wild World/City Folk, so when I found out the same composer was in charge of the music this time I was worried. Thankfully this batch is considerably better, but still suffers from the same-y sound as WW/CF.

I like it better than New Leaf's soundtrack! 12PM feels like an adventure to listen to, like I'm moving forward in life, like I'm out exploring this great big world :D ... during a time when it's ill-advised to do so ):

I like the instrumentation a lot, like when you listen with headphones that double bass player is Killin it 👌

But I feel like new leaf was compositionally better, it made better use of its theme and was more creative in my opinion.

Also you just can't beat that 7pm. Twas a masterpiece.

I love the nighttime tracks, not a huge fan of afternoon though

I like it, but so far it hasn't hit the same way some of the new leaf music did - the 12am, 11am, and 7pm music from that game is just 👌

Maybe it will start to have those same effects on me eventually tho

Today I listened to 5AM for the first time, and it gave me New Leaf vibes. It's really nice, it feels really different from all the other tracks

Like others, I really like the 5am track. It makes it worth it to be awake that early.

The only one I strongly dislike is 3am. There's a wuhhh wuh wuh wuh sound in it that sounds a little bit like a deep villager voice? I can't explain why but it stresses me out.

Back