• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How do I move out specific villagers with cards?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I cycle two of my towns,I don't use cards, but every so often I get a villager that refuses to ping. (that villager is usually wanted by someone with a specific time frame.)
Sometime I wonder if forcing a move out would be easier (and less stressful) than attempting to cycle them out naturally.
Can you move out specific villagers with cards and how?

If you have the card of a villager (NPC cards and figures don't work) who isn't currently in your town, You can scan them in using wisp and then choose the "move here" option. If your town is full, they'll say that they'll ask someone to move and then ask is it okay to ask ____ to move. You have to say no until they ask about the villager they want to force out. Right after this, the villager that you're forcing out will be in boxes, and the next day the villager you're moving in will have a plot.
If you're using RV cards, it's basically the same, but you choose the "come and play" option instead, and then visit their RV. Talk to them twice and the second time they'll say something like how much they like your town and want to move in. When you say that they should, if your town is full they'll say that Isabelle already said the town was full and ask if there's anyone you think might want to move out. You then get a list of 4 villagers at a time that you can choose from for who you want to move out (if the person isn't on the first page, you're able to cycle through all the names until you find them).

Hope that helps! Let me know if I was unclear about anything!

You can only force someone to move out if you have ten villagers. If you have ten villagers, just scan the card that you want in and Wisp will say something like, "It looks like (town) doesn't have any vacancies. How about we ask (villager) to leave?" and if it's the villager you want to move you say yes, and if it's not you say someone else and Wisp will just keep asking you until it's the villager you want to leave. They will be in boxes immediately after

Yes you can cycle out villagers with amiibo cards or the figurines who can move in like WLink or Medli. If you have Wisp's lantern, just summon him and use the scanner. Any villager card you scan will then show up and you can ask them to move. This only works if you have nine villagers already, otherwise they'll just move in.

If your town is full, Wisp will ask who you want to move out. Just keep suggesting 'try someone else' or whatever the command is. No villager is exempt from being forced out, even if they recently moved a day ago. They do need to be unpacked though, so don't do it if they're still in boxes.

And we can move out other amiibo cards right? Bc i scanned rocket but i set the time wrong so i couldnt plot reset and she just moved in behind the town hall...

Last edited:
Ok I don't even care if this has been answered like 50 times. I'm answering it anyway.

Ok so if you have 10 villagers you can scan an amiibo card (no special characters or Amiibo figures) by speaking to Wisp, who you can get by finding the magic lamp which I'm sure pretty much EVERY acnl player has found but eh....

So basically you scan a card after talking to Wisp and choosing "scan Amiibo card" (or something like that) and if you have 10 villagers he will say something like "o but your town is full so choose a person to kick out cuz you're like, the best mayor ever :D" (heh no he won't) and you can choose who to kick, like my epically awesome impersonation of my buddy Wisp states, and then in a few days that person will move and whoever you scanned will move in. Remember, you can only kick someone of your choice if you have 10 villagers (not counting your characters that you have made), otherwise nobody will be kicked cuz there's no point in ruining a poor bear cub's life if you don't need to... (Yea I'm kicking Vladimir out as soon as I get an NFC reader/writer...)

(Ya so I'm reading this over and it literally makes no sense, but what's wrong with that....)

Back