• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How Can I Have a More Positive Social Media Experience???

Distance is important. Social media makes it easy to fall into the trap of thinking you are personally close to people you interact with (it's designed that way) but ultimately you're a content creator and they follow you for your content, not everyone's friend.

i think you can turn off comments and DMs on instagram? if you’re getting too many toxic followers I would just do that. You don’t owe it to anyone to post content/talk to them if it makes you uncomfortable
Post automatically merged:

also if you aren’t enjoying it, you can always just delete your account

Social media isn't meant to make you feel good in any sense.
It's meant to keep you in a state of longing, sharing only the best moments of your life while people do the same to you, to the point where we're all living fake perfect, photogenic, all smiles and sunshine days while simultaneously not being happy with where and who we are in that point in time. As long as you're playing the game, you're going to be losing in your own way.
I personally browse Twitter to keep up on art, but I'm not really interested in living a fake life, or for being anyone other than myself.

Back