• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Height Difference

brooklyn9

Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
So, remember back before ACNL was out, when we first got pictures and gameplay?
How everyone thought the new character height was so weird? I disliked it at first.
So my question is, do you like the character height better than the other games? are you used to it?

I personally do like it better. :)

I like it much better. :p I'm used to it now! When I look at old pictures it seems weird to me now... But I still don't hate either way.

I love the height difference! Especially with the villagers, too. I think it gives them more personality. ^^

I'll put it this way; I'd never want nintendo to make characters short and stumpy again. *cough* Fashion is so much better in this game *cough*

I'll put it this way; I'd never want nintendo to make characters short and stumpy again. *cough* Fashion is so much better in this game *cough*

Agree with that 100%

Also first going into the game, bears looked massive

NL is my first AC game, so when I see pictures of player characters from older games, they look like someone squished them.

This is exactly how I feel. I saw pictures of old animal crossing games way back in the day and I was weirded out by these little squished chibis that I never gave the game a chance xD

The new style is much better imo. Plus I like height differences between the animals; it helps distinguish them as different species!

The height differences are great. They definitely add another layer of character to the villagers.

I started a new town in ACCF recently, and my character looks so short and young! I prefer the taller characters in ACNL too, and I think they did a very good job with those changes.

I've always loved the height difference, I'm glad that we have it because I can finally wear whatever I want to wear!

When the height changes were first revealed I was surprised but I definitely didn't dislike it! The character customization options it opened up are great and the depth it adds to all of the villager species is great, I love how tiny the squirrels and frogs are.

I love the old games, don't get me wrong, but wow, I don't want to go back to looking like a thumb. I love the redesigned player characters.

I didn't ever think the new height thing was a bad thing when I saw pre-release screenies.. But now I've experienced the game for 3 months, looking at the WW/CF characters make me think they look like NL hamsters (short, and fat) :p

I just love it when tiny villagers like squirrels, hamsters, frogs, and mice walk in the flowers ^^

I always liked the idea of taller characters. It makes me feel like I'm playing as a character old enough to live on their own and own their own house. The old games made me feel like I was playing as a child who ran away from home.

Plus it allows for awesome outfits so yay. :3

It freaked me out when I saw previews and screen shots completely! But it's SO much better. I was in my CF game this weekend and I was just like AGH I LOOK So HORRIBLE AND STUMPY!!!

Back