• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Has anyone experienced this with AC?

They never filled the place of real friends for me, but these cartoon animals honestly feel real sometimes. (Especially in the GC version... I was best friends with some villagers and the sworn nemesis of others... I wish I could feel close to my villagers like I did when I was a kid :[ )

My Animal Crossing town has always been a place of solace for me. It's nice to be able to log in when I'm feeling stressed and have an entire town full of animals that look up to me for guidance and friendship and support.

Sometimes, their dialogue and their letters come just at the right time and help me to come to terms with issues I'm facing at that moment in real life. I really appreciate that.

Totally utterly agree with almost everything that's been said in this thread so far. I think it's come from almost a life time getting to know these personalities, always knowing in the back of your mind that if absolutely nothing else there's always these adorable, caring little creatures in a fantasy world of your making to come back to.

Haha I remember in GC Monique and Olivia were in my town and they were the RUDEST CATS EVER. I hated them so much when I was young lol

I see where you're coming from, but for myself, not especially. Though I guess I have gotten pretty attached to my town in general.

Back