• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Has anyone ever cried over a villager moving?

DarkFox7

honk honk
Bells
Cake
I have twice, a long time ago. When I first got my first ever Animal Crossing game, ACWW, I had Goldie the normal dog in my town. I grew attached to her FAST. Every time I passed by her I didn't hesitate to talk to her over and over. She was so kind to me, and I looked up to her as my only best friend since I had none at school. Every day when I logged on to Animal Crossing, the first thing I did was go and try to find her. Talking to her and seeing her sweet face always made my day! But then, one day, I walked into her house and saw nothing but boxes. I had no clue what was going on since it was my first Animal Crossing game. I talked to her and she told me she was moving. I didn't think much of it since I saw the option where I'd say "No, don't go!", and I thought that would make her stay. But it didn't. The next day, tears were streaming down my face as I read her goodbye letter. I was devastated. I would cry myself to sleep every night for a long time. She was my only true friend, and she left me. Nothing was the same in my town anymore. I got my dad to buy me a plushie of her, and I loved that plushie and brought it everywhere with me, but it still wasn't the same since I couldn't hear her kind words again. I was 8 years old when all this happened. Fast forward 6 years later, now I'm happy to have her back with me. But Kyle is my new favorite.

The other time was when I was about 9 years old. I had reset my town in hopes of getting Goldie back, but had no luck. Instead, I got a town with Daisy in it. Daisy was pretty much my other Goldie. She was a normal dog just like her. But even with Daisy, there was still a hole in my heart that only Goldie could fill. But I just made due with Daisy. Daisy was so nice to me, just like Goldie. I considered her my closest friend in my town. I bonded with her very closely just like I did with Goldie. We became such good friends, she gave me her picture and everything. But one day, I was TTing, and I got a letter from Daisy saying that she moved away. Again, tears were streaming down my face, I had lost my other puppy that reminded me of Goldie. I only cried that one time though since I wasn't as torn up as I was over Goldie.

I just want to know I'm not alone here ;_;

I teared up a bit when Del moved, because he was one of my starters, and I sure as hell would cry my eyes out if Stitches, Soleil or Goldie moved out of my town.

Not cried, but I was sad sometimes. When a specific villager moved or wanted to and I let him go, because he wasn't really a dreamie even if I liked him/her a lot. That is why I sometimes wish that I could have more than ten, there are just so many good villagers.

cried of happiness when Tutu and Gayle moved out

I don't remember if I cried but I was really sad when I was playing Animal Crossing for GameCube and Bitty moved away. She was the very first villager I experienced moving out and it shocked me because I felt like I had become friends with her and I wasn't even aware that villagers could move away. I placed a bat umbrella at the place where her house used to be in remembrance and left it there for a very long time. After that it never affected me much again in any AC game. I still got sad when villagers I really liked moved away but not a lot.

Last edited:
When I was still new to the game and discovered TTing, Shep and T-Bone moved away. Actually, the two of them moving lead me to this forum, since I was searching if you can get villagers back.
I nearly cried when Kabuki left. I was playing in the middle of class, so itll be suspicious if I started crying out of nowhere .

ACNL is my first AC game, but I knew they could move out. I always stopped them from moving though. The first move-out was Muffy, and I let her go because I thought her reason was funny (turf war).

But then Kevin, one of my starters, pinged and said he was leaving. I decided I would let him. When I finally saw him in boxes I felt such regret. I suddenly wanted him to stay but knew it was too late. I didn't cry but it did hit me pretty hard.

I'd feel much worse if Lolly left. She's been there since the beginning and I've bonded closely with her. If she suddenly disappeared I would quit playing.

No, but I could cry the time Diana moved without telling and then when i immediately walked into Ankhas house only to see she was in boxes the same day...Double Fatality...I didn't even get a chance to auction them off cause back then I didn't know I could let other people take them from my town.

I almost cried when Diana left me. I didn't think I really cared for any of the villagers until one day after TT I started up my game and checked my mailbox and read the goodbye letter Diana sent me. It was so touching :c

I almost cried when Bruce moved out. I've had him for months and I've grown really attached to him, so I was very sad when I had to LET him leave so I'd be able to rebuild a bridge that was nearby previously... My friend is gonna be so sad when she finds out he's gone, she loved him SO much. At least I got a copy of his picture for her...

Back