• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

Thanks! :)
Edit: Does anyone know if we get our own house in HH? We decorate everyone's houses but not ours wut

We don't get our own houses. But since you're designing for 400ish villagers plus facilities, you can sneak in rooms for yourself all over the place. Some folks have chosen a villager to share a house with. Since you're able to give villagers up to 3 rooms through redesigning for them, there's plenty of room. Seriously, though: wouldn't Harry or Lyle make for an *amazing* roommate? <. < >.>

I guess I will move in with a villager too then xd idk is it just me but I feel they should have given us our home to decorate too.

Do any of the villager unlock new ceiling decorations or are there only the ones you get after completing the handbook course?

Ceiling items are from studying the handbook

Ceiling items are from studying the handbook

i just meant if there were any additional items you can unlock besides the ones you initially get from studying the handbook.

i just meant if there were any additional items you can unlock besides the ones you initially get from studying the handbook.
Yes some villagers unlock wall items. I haven't noticed any ceiling items

Are these items available in HHD?

Small Space Console
Aurora Screen
Cool Globe
Crew Member's Seat
Hologram Machine
Lunar Surface (flooring)
Spherical Radar

Small Space Console
Aurora Screen
Cool Globe
Crew Member's Seat
Hologram Machine
Lunar Surface (flooring)
Spherical Radar

Yep you can get the screen from Annalise, the space furniture from Kevin and the walls and floor from Phil. Others probably unlock them as well

What's the section with the Lily screen and Louie items? Is the section with the globe, doll, and vase a knicknack section?

Small Space Console
Aurora Screen
Cool Globe
Crew Member's Seat
Hologram Machine
Lunar Surface (flooring)
Spherical Radar

As far as I can tell all furniture from New Leaf is in HHD, with the sole exception of mannequins. (And little non-furniture bits like ores)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's the section with the Lily screen and Louie items? Is the section with the globe, doll, and vase a knicknack section?

The globe/doll/vase section is for international items (i.e.- stuff you'd have gotten from Gulliver or during Korean/etc exclusive holidays). The section with the flower and nintendo items are themed sets- like Holiday furniture, or other abnormally-themed things like cardboard or balloon series.

Last edited:
*trumpet fanfare*

A long-overdue update to the OP! There's now a Gameplay section that focuses on unlocking stuff.

A couple of points are currently a little vague, as I motored through my game without taking notes (silly monkey that I am). I'm going to start up a second game at some point soon to take better notes. In the meantime, as ever, if I'm waaaaaaay off or if you have info you think should be added, let me know!

This has probably been asked before, but how do I unlock Happy Home Network? I've finished with all the facilities, I've done like 21 or 22 villager houses now, and I still don't seem to have it. :( I want to enter the contest before it ends.

This has probably been asked before, but how do I unlock Happy Home Network? I've finished with all the facilities, I've done like 21 or 22 villager houses now, and I still don't seem to have it. :( I want to enter the contest before it ends.

Is your game updated to 2.0?

So in the game it's basically just designing houses over and over and over again? There's really not much else to do but that, right? Since from what I've read there are no bells and it seems like you don't even get to talk to the villagers very much either. I bought the game knowing that you obviously design houses but I wasn't aware there was not much of a storyline or anything. I knew it was a spin-off and not an 'actual' game but I wasn't expecting it to be totally story-less. Especially not for the hefty price of buying the card reader and all.

^ Yeah, this game is all about being creative and designing houses and other buildings. There is new furniture that isn't in New Leaf, plus the game makes it a ton easier to decorate than it was in NL. You can also decorate outside of buildings. But if decorating in/around buildings and/or setting up things for the perfect screenshots isn't your cup of tea, then this game probably isn't for you.

I've taken some qr codes for path, but how do I display them outside the house?
Rug is too big, and I don't have other options.

Back