Gulliver Guide

Jarv156

Bells
I've seen many people on these boards whining about how hard it is to find and hit Gulliver, this guide has been made to help people hit him, and to know when he comes.

Section 1: Getting Started

Tip: Do this on a weekend or any day where you have lots of time free.

The first thing I highly recommend is either a gold or silver slingshot. You can use a regular one if you want but it's a lot harder to hit him. To get the golden slingshot you must first shoot down 8 presents, after that there is a random chance a golden slingshot with 3 balloons will fly by. Shoot all 3 of the balloons and you will get the golden slingshot. (DON'T LET IT FALL IN THE WATER!!!) A silver slingshot can be bought from Nook's shop rarely, I don't recommend getting this as it may take months to get one, a gold one can be gotten in one day. You must have at least Nook and go or higher to get the slingshot.

The second thing to do is to learn the positions your balloon presents fly in, you will need to know this to know where Gulliver flies in, place a line of flowers or patterns in the exact center of your town on the line where balloons fly, I recommend placing them on the line near the town gate as it is always in the dead center of your town.

Place the patterns or flowes like this, you will stand in the center of it:

- Balloon present line
@ Pattern or Flower

---@@@@---

Okay, we're done with this section, before we move on though make sure that flowers and trees are not on the line of balloons, it will make chasing a UFO hard if you miss it.

Section 2: UFO Times

Tip: If you got Resetti or Don, go into a building and come out. These two will stop the visitor from coming into your town until a building is entered or you save and quit.

Gulliver will only appear on Monday-Thursday in his UFO, so if you haven't seen him all week and it's Friday, he WON'T be coming this week. Like Wild World, he appears in times ending in a 2 or 7, from the Wiki, other people and myself, I have found out that he seems to ONLY appear during the first 15 minutes of an hour. so after XX:15 you can continue doing what you want. He also usually appears during the first hour of playing each day, unless you miss him, then he MIGHT appear the next hour. He takes about 30 second to get across the entire town, so you have to be very quick to hit him. :p

Gulliver's UFO is counted as a visitor, so that means if there is no other visitor in your town he will come. The best way to know that he is coming is if it is about 9am or 5pm and there is no Pete, Pascal is not on the bridge and Booker says he hasn't seen anyone, keep in mind that Wisp's lamp may be around your town, so look for it while Gulliver's UFO can't fly past. If you didn't find Wisp's lamp (or Wisp if you are playing late) You are very likely to see Gulliver. Gulliver always flies along the same paths as balloons do, and generally flies along the one you are closest to.

Section 3: Finding Gulliver (And hitting him!)

IMPORTANT: Make sure you do section 1 and read 2 before doing any of this section!

Tip: Keep your slingshot out at all times.

When you load up the game, go check the gate immediately, if anyone has come there is no Gulliver today. If nobody has come through, check all bridges for Pascal, if he isn't on any and its after 9:15am or 5:15pm check around all human player's houses (even unoccupied ones). If you don't see Pete you know you have either Gulliver or Wisp. If you saw the UFO while looking for other possible visitors, don't panic! Simply continue with your work. If you found a lamp around town you won't have Gulliver. If you didn't find a lamp you can go to the next step.

Remember that line of flowers/patterns we laid down? Just before the next hour come to this area, and stand on the line. Put the volume of your TV up and wait. If you hear UFO noises press the A button, but don't let go yet! When you see the UFO and it is near you let go of A, it may take some practice but it is very easy to hit when you know the timing. If you miss him wait until XX:15 of an hour, if he doesn't come back do some chores and repeat this step when the next hour comes, if you didn't see him at all for the 15 minutes, he probably isn't coming, come and try again next hour just in case though! ;)

Section 4 Trading the UFO part!

Tip: Don't sell your Spaceship part when you find it!!!
Tip: Don't leave anything valuable on the beach!!!

First, find your spaceship part, it should be somewhere around the town, I usually find it is around the area Gulliver flies over. After finding it, keep it safe. The next day go check your beach, you should see the UFO you shot down, but it's crashed. Go wake Gulliver up, t may take several attempts though. He will need his spaceship part, just give it to him and he will give you a random piece of furniture from his collection.

Section 5 Rewards

Tip: If you don't like the furniture you got you can reset the game and try again, you'll get Resetti though
e11731.gif
. Remember to enter and exit a building after his rant.

Here are all the pieces of furniture you could get!

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Arc de Triomphe
Arc_de_Triomphe.JPG

Chocolate
chocolates.JPG

compass
compass.JPG

Manneken Pis
manneken_pis.JPG

Matryoshka
matryoshka.JPG

merlion
Merlion.JPG

mermaid statue
mermaid_statue.JPG

Metroid
metroid.JPG

moai statue
Moai_statue.JPG

Mouth of Truth
mouth_of_truth.JPG

pagoda
pagoda.JPG

plate armor
plate_armor.JPG

Tower of Pisa
tower_of_pisa.JPG

tribal mask
tribal_mask.JPG
</div>

Section 6 Q&A

None yet, ask me anything and I'll answer it here!

Section 7 Screen shots!

Here are some screenshots of Gulliver and the UFO from me and the Wiki

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Some of my Screen shots! :gyroiddance:
ufopictures.jpg

Wiki screenshots
ufo.JPG

gulliver.JPG

gulliver_gear.JPG

Video:
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/yxtpD6FbTa4&NR=1'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/yxtpD6FbTa4&NR=1' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>
Video link</div>

Credit goes to http://accf.wikispaces.com/ for some of the information in this guide.

SockHeadx4 said:
Lilo2377 said:
is it possible to get gulliver more than once
Obviously if he gives you all of those items..
Like all visitors, there is no limit to the number of times you can see him, however, you can only get 1 gift every time he crashes on the beach, not 1 for each player however so if you have siblings or other family members who play, I would take turns with Gulliver.

Jarv156 said:
SockHeadx4 said:
Lilo2377 said:
Like all visitors, there is no limit to the number of times you can see him, however, you can only get 1 gift every time he crashes on the beach, not 1 for each player however so if you have siblings or other family members who play, I would take turns with Gulliver.
I've only ever seen it once, I didn't get him though. >_<

fitzy said:
Jarv156 said:
SockHeadx4 said:
Lilo2377 said:
If you miss him, don't give up, he should appear later during the same day.

Jarv156 said:
fitzy said:
Jarv156 said:
SockHeadx4 said:
Lilo2377 said:
If you miss him, don't give up, he should appear later during the same day.
During the same day? Damn it, I just shut my wii off when I missed him. >_<

Back