Guide: How to AVOID glitched islanders in four SIMPLE steps!

Sorry could you explain more, what was the main difference between your trade and the second persons?
The second person used TT, and I used amiibo to force my villager out :(
So I'm just assuming that amiibo trades might glitch more often than TT (as it was the only difference between my other successful trades and this one).
Hope that clears it up >< ! (English is not my main lang and it's late haha)

The second person used TT, and I used amiibo to force my villager out :(
So I'm just assuming that amiibo trades might glitch more often than TT (as it was the only difference between my other successful trades and this one).
Hope that clears it up >< ! (English is not my main lang and it's late haha)
No explains perfectly! Thank you :)

Giving this a bump so more people can see it!

This is incredibly useful for anyone looking to trade villagers, thanks for taking the time to write it out!

how many times should it have worked? I tried giving Marshal to someone 6 times and we kept getting the "won't remember they were invited" thing. the person was willing to risk it and he moved in fine

how many times should it have worked? I tried giving Marshal to someone 6 times and we kept getting the "won't remember they were invited" thing. the person was willing to risk it and he moved in fine
They move in ok that’s not the problem, the problem occurs if that person who has the glitched villager does online activities such as visiting another island, or having someone visit them. Then Marshal will glitch out and tell them he’s moved. I’d send them a DM if I were you.

Happened to me! (And with the same villager no less. F)
However we stopped the trade and I voided mine as it can glitch even after Marshal has moved in.
Consider what Farfle_Prductions said and DM your trade partner!
They should avoid any online activities until a patch rolls around.

They move in ok that’s not the problem, the problem occurs if that person who has the glitched villager does online activities such as visiting another island, or having someone visit them. Then Marshal will glitch out and tell them he’s moved. I’d send them a DM if I were you.
Happened to me! (And with the same villager no less. F)
However we stopped the trade and I voided mine as it can glitch even after Marshal has moved in.
Consider what Farfle_Prductions said and DM your trade partner!
They should avoid any online activities until a patch rolls around.

thank you for the advice! i told them to at least wait until the earth day update on thursday. they seem ok with it since they knew the risk before i gave him away

Is there any way to unglitch them when they are still in boxes? I wanted to adopt someone from my second town but they keep asking to move to my town. So I use your Methode but it keeps happening :/

Is there any way to unglitch them when they are still in boxes? I wanted to adopt someone from my second town but they keep asking to move to my town. So I use your Methode but it keeps happening :/
Did you already accept their first invite? I only accepted Beau the first time, didn’t respond the second time but when I got back saw the plot had been sold to him so it didn’t matter.

Did you already accept their first invite? I only accepted Beau the first time, didn’t respond the second time but when I got back saw the plot had been sold to him so it didn’t matter.
I did but I disconnected afterwards so I don't get the glitched plot

Thanks so much for this guide! I've been worried that, when someone comes to pick up a villager from me, it'll glitch and then I'd have no idea what to do in order to fix it (or heaven forbid, you run into scammers who will SAY it's glitched so they don't have to give the agreed-upon payment). This eases my mind so much.

Gonna hold onto this one when I might need it.

Thank you for the guide! Hopefully there will be a patch for this so we no longer need to worry about villager trades.

Does this mean I can start giving away villagers I kick out with Amiibos?

Thank you so much! I traded Goldie to someone using this guide and we are both pretty certain that Goldie won't be glitched 💛

I'd still use this method, just for safety.
Definitely agree on that! I was mostly referring to the plots being fixed, & I’m sure move-ins are mostly safe now, but that’s what I plan on doing when my friend and I try for getting me Daisy again.

Definitely agree on that! I was mostly referring to the plots being fixed, & I’m sure move-ins are mostly safe now, but that’s what I plan on doing when my friend and I try for getting me Daisy again.

Oh, yeah! Me and another user tested if it was truly fixed a while ago, and I was told to use this method to see if the villager was bugged or not and Skye did not even ask me to invite her island not even a single additional time, just the once. She should be moving in tomorrow, since I already had another plot claimed, so they moved in first.

The glitch is definitely fixed, or at least seems to be fixed since we haven't seen anyone make threads on it.

(P.S. It's so weird having more than one plot claimed!!)

Oh, yeah! Me and another user tested if it was truly fixed a while ago, and I was told to use this method to see if the villager was bugged or not and Skye did not even ask me to invite her island not even a single additional time, just the once. She should be moving in tomorrow, since I already had another plot claimed, so they moved in first.

The glitch is definitely fixed, or at least seems to be fixed since we haven't seen anyone make threads on it.

(P.S. It's so weird having more than one plot claimed!!)
Well, it’s good to hear that there’s seemingly a patch on that end as well! :)

I’m hoping that with this latest fix the devs are a little more diligent in test-playing stuff like this, because if another instance rears its head I’d really start to question their process of quality assurance.

Back