• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Getting Nookington's Unlocked... (JP Version)

Introspective Onlooker

In Search of a Coherent Worldview
Bells
I mentioned before that I've recently procured the Japanese version of Wild World. It's unorthodox, but I'm still somewhat interested in learning the language, and I think playing these games will help sustain that interest.

Anyway, Tanukichi has just expanded his Kombini Tanuki (Nook 'N' Go) to Super Tanuki (Nookway) today. Yes, I am aware of Wiimiifi. I'm also aware that this will ONLY work with copies of the same region. This is a long shot, and I doubt anyone will ever respond to this, but I spent a year playing the game on an emulator, so the store upgrade was simply impossible unless I had a rom which specifically housed it. Why Nintendo went through this process, I'll never know. Why does Nook need someone from another town to buy from him in the first place? This series annoys me, sometimes.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I just saw this comment now.

I also have a JP copy of WW. I didn't know that the upgrade requires a copy of the game in the same region.
Thank you for the response. You also might have seen me reply to a similar thread, but the OP hasn't been online since they made that thread two weeks prior. Maybe we can get this Wiimmfi business set up some time this week? I don't want to have to create another town on another cartridge. I still can't believe they thought it was okay to gate this upgrade in this manner. "What were they thinking?" is one of my most common thoughts about this series. Makes me insane for liking it.

Thank you for the response. You also might have seen me reply to a similar thread, but the OP hasn't been online since they made that thread two weeks prior. Maybe we can get this Wiimmfi business set up some time this week? I don't want to have to create another town on another cartridge. I still can't believe they thought it was okay to gate this upgrade in this manner. "What were they thinking?" is one of my most common thoughts about this series. Makes me insane for liking it.
I hadn't seen that thread!
This will be my first time using Wiimmfi, figure this is a good push to get me to try it. I really don't understand why they'd lock it by region when WW has essentially no regional differences other than language...
Let's try for this week! I'll be going on a short trip to Korea so I'll be out of my house Friday-Tuesday my time. If we run into any difficulties next week should be more free for me.

Thank you. It'd also be my first experience playing anything with Wiimmfi. I spend a couple hours at work in the afternoon, so I'll available any time before or after 12:00pm-4pm PST.

Last edited:
That is 4am-8am my time so doing it outside of that time is best for me anyways haha.

If I can successfully drag myself out of bed your early evening may be better for me.

Is there a guide that you're using for Wiimmfi? I'll try to read up about it beforehand.

There are a number of videos which explain how to get this thing set up. I've watched a few before, but I'll try watching one again, and test it out for myself.

I'm very sorry, I ended up being very busy between work and preparing to go overseas so I wasn't able to get to it before leaving my house.
I'm positive I'll have time though next week! I'll be back by Tuesday evening my time.

I mentioned before that I've recently procured the Japanese version of Wild World. It's unorthodox, but I'm still somewhat interested in learning the language, and I think playing these games will help sustain that interest.

Anyway, Tanukichi has just expanded his Kombini Tanuki (Nook 'N' Go) to Super Tanuki (Nookway) today. Yes, I am aware of Wiimiifi. I'm also aware that this will ONLY work with copies of the same region. This is a long shot, and I doubt anyone will ever respond to this, but I spent a year playing the game on an emulator, so the store upgrade was simply impossible unless I had a rom which specifically housed it. Why Nintendo went through this process, I'll never know. Why does Nook need someone from another town to buy from him in the first place? This series annoys me, sometimes.

Thanks in advance.
Nookington's is always a pain to get in morden days, I don't want to buy a new memory card so I can make a new village just for getting to my my main town, buying something and then having to delete the town. It's a pain and I don't have the money to buy a new memory card

This video was easy to follow: here

Are you online now @Introspective Onlooker ? I'll be awake for a couple more hours and would be willing to try it.

Hopefully these settings still work:

Primary DNS: 164.132.44.106
Secondary DNS: 1.1.1.1
The problem is that I can't find a good access point. I don't use WEP, and I tried using a HotSpot on my phone, but the connection is still... wonky, for lack of a better term.

That'd probably be for the best. I wish I did, too. Wish I still had an old router with a WEP Key I could use, but I'll try working this out some time today, then get back to you.

It appears that I've run into the same issue with the WEP key... I checked the settings on my WiFi but I don't see an option for it.

I'm going to talk with some friends who have used Wiimfi before.

Back