• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wild World Screenshot Thread

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
as far as I know a thread like this (at least, one that isn't outdated) does not exist, so I want to make a thread for everyone to share their funny/humorous wild world screenshots :)

so apparently Mint stores all her leftovers in her dresser drawers and wardrobes. I imagine she smells minty fresh and then her drawers smell like a rotten red turnip 😂
20220608-131655.jpg
20220608-131731.jpg

YOU SURE AS HECK AINT CAPTAIN COOL MY DUDE
20220608-172648.jpg

lmao what
20220608-172753.jpg

I accidentally stood here holding a flea I got off of Ruby for like 2 hours and I had a whole ensemble of animals applauding my diligent deed.
20220608-225825.jpg

also wanted to share the legendary froggy chair which, of course, I bought 🐸
20220608-172931.jpg

also didn't get a pic but after I put the flea away I saw like 6 moths flying outside of someone's window lollll

I have more screenshots 😁

20220610-180800.jpg

I can't remember why he asked me this, but he basically called me a "snail friend" like in the same sense that one might say "mom friend." not sure if I should be flattered or scared. also made the tragic mistake of changing Frobert's catchprase to "yeet" and now everyone says it 🤣

oops frobert got told
20220609-195148.jpg

whenever a villager tells me they have a nickname for me I always say no, because I don't like how you 1. can't choose your nickname and 2. have no say on whether or not they start using it. but I'm ngl this nickname would've been pretty hilarious.
20220609-151837.jpg

I found a coconut on the beach and the palm is so tiny and cute 🥺
20220609-151710.jpg

lastly, lobo challenged me to see who could catch a honeybee first. little did he know I already had one in my pocket. that made him big sad 😅
20220609-114823.jpg

Here's some more... "isolated" examples that I find were too funny to past up:
0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__3547.png
0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__25140.png
0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__18925.png
0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__29918.png
0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__13558.png
This is AFTER Maple complimented her, btw.

It took a while to find these; I took SO many screenshots.

Oh, and that attachment with Mallary being sick... yeah, she deserves being teased while she's in that condition, to be honest.

Attachments

• 0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__29292.png
    0223 - Welcome to Animal Crossing - Wild World (USA)__29292.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 37
Not sure if I ever seen her talk about Brewster in my playthrough. Was this from an Episode? Also, after reading this, I suddenly come to the realize that the gossip towards her is firmly vindicated.
Yeah, Pelly has been talking about the Roost, regarding her plan to ask Pete to join her for some coffee there. (But Pete said that he preferred cocoa over coffee.) So Phyllis was talking about Brewster, and how he commented that Pelly and Phyllis don't look alike. That made Phyllis angry. :p

I finally received my Japanese copy of the game on Wednesday, and lemme tell ya, it's great to play a handheld game... on an actual handheld system, and not an emulator for the better part of a year.

Should also note that the Japanese version, similarly to the original どうぶつの森, has higher-pitch Animalese than its localizations, and I'm shocked I've only now just realized this. Regardless, here's some photos (wish we could take in-game screenshots):
Not my town, of course.

Not My Characters

Old Map Layout

This might be the only time I'll ever set foot in Nookington's, again...
Nookington's

This next pic is the reason why I decided to restart this hacked town. I'd create a new resident, Kapp'n would drive through this house, but my character couldn't walk to the Post Office. Hopefully, I won't regret this decision later on, because Nookington's can ONLY be unlocked when another player visits. And it has to be someone else who owns a Japanese copy... (If anyone else has this version of the game, PLEASE let me know.)
Why I Restarted

Also, for @MiniPocketWorld:
Sumi (Nan)!

So, that was the town of "Ponyo"! Here's this new town and character:
Please pardon the poor quality of this particular image:
Harana and Akemi

Coincidentally, Mallary is also in this town, under the alias of "Sumimomo".
Mallary (Sumimomo)

I also got Moe and Nibbles, but what was really coincidental was a familiar Siamese cat with blue markings that's been living in my GCN town...
Maru-san!

Now, what's one of my favorite villagers doing, here?

That about does it. It took a bit longer than I wanted to, but I finally got some of these posted somewhere in this website. Wild World just feels best played on the 3DS line-up of systems, and I'm glad I finally got a legitimate cartridge of the game.

Attachments

• Not My Characters.jpg
    Not My Characters.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I love every dialogue with Camofrog.

Attachments

• 1-0.jpg
    1-0.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-0.jpg
    2-0.jpg