• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

getting bored no longer

mousehole

Bells
It seemed as if the more I accomplished in the game the more tedious it was becoming. Long gone was the thrill of finally getting the dream villager, finally getting pinged for the perfect PwP or hooking another yet uncaught fish or insect. Only the thought of how hard I worked on my town stopped me from resetting to experience those little thrills again.

I decided instead to undertake a massive undertaking. I'm building a maze... a huge maze! The logistics and planning the gathering of needed bushes and bamboo, the layout of the paths, the sequential planting to discourage dead spots will keep me occupied for a good long while. I haven't felt this eager to pick up the DS in weeks. ( It's so tempting to TT, but I'm being good for fear that one of the villagers will leave. )

I would love to know what you do to refresh your interest in the game. Are you designing cosplay outfits? Perhaps redecorating your home from the basement up? Let me know!

I'm trading much more frequently now, and I occasionally do some CT trolling and trapping. I work on my house time to time as well, but that doesn't always keep me occupied for long. I don't do the ransom thing on CT either, I'm not that greedy. ;)

I'm trading much more frequently now, and I occasionally do some CT trolling and trapping.

You should post stories on these lol. Would be nice hearing from the one doing all that rather than the victim ;)

Well I caved and reset because I really wanted to start from scratch but this time around I'm doing a Beauty and the Beast themed town and I'm not going to time travel at all if I can avoid it.

Good luck with your maze! I'd love to see it when you're finished :)

You should post stories on these lol. Would be nice hearing from the one doing all that rather than the victim ;)

I know stacyadams did it, I'm not so sure about me though. I guess I could go for it, and then maybe, just maybe, actually start using my tumblr. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Last edited:
I really dislike the 'technical' feeling to my town because I design it with planning, and make it neat and symmetrical, I want the game to feel laid back and free not so rigid
so i'm thinking about destroying all of it (even though it looks nice so far) and getting new paths, new layouts, maybe with less of the planning

Well my town is actually kind of complete but I keep myself occupied by improving whatever I can.

I took a break from AC, for around 3 months or so. Recently, I've gone and picked up the game again, I'm currently re-doing everything, flower beds, pwp's and everything. I'm also in the very slow process of re-doing my house (Once I'm done with the town, then I'll work on it a bit faster).

I was so stupid and reset my town so i pretty much lost everything -_-, I want to trade more, get more sets and hopefully get my dream house.
CUrrently i have 9 ugly villagers so i hope i can have more villagers soon. I also am looking for lots of more hybirds, im making a huge garden with them *u*

I've been considering deleting for awhile now, due to boredom. But I know I'll regret it cuz I have in the previous games. I try to just improve my house/town in general, but eh there's still no challenge. I'm working on redoing my town completely now, instead of just little things. that'll keep me busy, yeah. :) I've played it alot more now thankfully. I hate that I'm bored with it.

Back