• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i bought happy home designer a few months ago and i got bored after about an hour. i gave it to my sister and she seems to really like it, still regret it though

Many people regret buying tomodachi life. What was so bad about it?

Way too expensive for a repetitive game like that with daily chore stuff with your Mii or whatever you use. Like sure you get hats but I never got the real deal with it, I mean why would I want a real-life simulator?

Also that gay exploit they just had to patch bc "kid's game"

I have to be honest and must admit Tomodachi was also a game I probably regret buying now. It certainly has its charm when you first play for perhaps that first month you buy it. But playing it all the time year around may start to get a tad bit boring after some time. I barely even touch the game anymore. It was cool concept definitely, but surely Mii's will someday get a game that's actually super popular with people. It's probably about time they get their own series of games, not counting Wii sports or anything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually I have a list:

I'm most positive I have posted here before but I can't remember! D: So here is my list of regrets:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: terrible game, nothing like its predecessor, different writers, took too many elements out only to replace them with nothing, monsters are pigs (who's afraid of pigs???) and zero interaction with the (rather linear) environment around you.

Alice: Madness Returns: glitchy, textures are everywhere, the characters are boring and under-used, doesn't match the tone of the first game, terrible one dimensional villain, linear, disappointing gameplay, disappointing lack of boss fights, once you have a certain weapon you're pretty much OP for the rest of the game.

L.A. Noire: luckily got this game on sale over Steam but it will not run on my computer so I can't play it yet.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star- this game is such garbage I want to light it on fire, it shouldn't even be in the Paper series, it's a failure to the utmost degree, it angers me just mentioning it let's move on. >8U

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team- I own and love all the Mario and Luigi games, and I don't really care much for this one, only played through a portion of it and lost interest.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: I was luckily able to sell this so I recouped some of the money for it, terrible game, uninteresting characters, typical case of KH being overblown and convoluted beyond saving.

Way too expensive for a repetitive game like that with daily chore stuff with your Mii or whatever you use. Like sure you get hats but I never got the real deal with it, I mean why would I want a real-life simulator?

Oh, so being gay is not appropriate for children's eyes. Ok.

Oh, so being gay is not appropriate for children's eyes. Ok.

Lol yeah didn't you hear about it? there was a bug/exploit that let you get together with a mii of the same gender or what it was and of course nintendo had to patch that up quick af.

yeah, i bought happy home designer a few months ago and i got bored after about an hour. i gave it to my sister and she seems to really like it, still regret it though

I regret buying HHD as well. I got it the day after launch, I got bored of it after I finished all of the buildings. I haven't touched the game in months.

I have to be honest and must admit Tomodachi was also a game I probably regret buying now. It certainly has its charm when you first play for perhaps that first month you buy it. But playing it all the time year around may start to get a tad bit boring after some time. I barely even touch the game anymore. It was cool concept definitely, but surely Mii's will someday get a game that's actually super popular with people. It's probably about time they get their own series of games, not counting Wii sports or anything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually I have a list:

I'm most positive I have posted here before but I can't remember! D: So here is my list of regrets:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: terrible game, nothing like its predecessor, different writers, took too many elements out only to replace them with nothing, monsters are pigs (who's afraid of pigs???) and zero interaction with the (rather linear) environment around you.

Alice: Madness Returns: glitchy, textures are everywhere, the characters are boring and under-used, doesn't match the tone of the first game, terrible one dimensional villain, linear, disappointing gameplay, disappointing lack of boss fights, once you have a certain weapon you're pretty much OP for the rest of the game.

L.A. Noire: luckily got this game on sale over Steam but it will not run on my computer so I can't play it yet.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star- this game is such garbage I want to light it on fire, it shouldn't even be in the Paper series, it's a failure to the utmost degree, it angers me just mentioning it let's move on. >8U

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team- I own and love all the Mario and Luigi games, and I don't really care much for this one, only played through a portion of it and lost interest.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: I was luckily able to sell this so I recouped some of the money for it, terrible game, uninteresting characters, typical case of KH being overblown and convoluted beyond saving.

Paper Mario Sticker Star was amazing.... :c

Animal Crossing is also a real life simulator, you know.

I have a whole steam category titled "mistakes were made" I like or can at least appreciate just about every game for what it is, the ones in my list are either so terribly made you can't play them or they don't work

m3Z4oKp.png

Daikatana while bad, I can still play it which is why it's installed

^I feel you I should probably make more folders like that. But yeah if I could gt refund on most of my digital crap there I would lol.

Also I kinda regret buying the Fruit of Grisaia. I mean it looked like an awesome game but I've played it a bit and let's say so far it's kinda overhyped.

^I feel you I should probably make more folders like that. But yeah if I could gt refund on most of my digital crap there I would lol.

Also I kinda regret buying the Fruit of Grisaia. I mean it looked like an awesome game but I've played it a bit and let's say so far it's kinda overhyped.

You can if the game play time is under 2 hours

You can try getting refunds on games even if it's over 2h, it'll prob get denied but for some things they do actually give later refunds. Like iirc No Mans Sky was refunded to people even if they had way over 2h and I think they might be lenient on technical difficulties too.

You can try getting refunds on games even if it's over 2h, it'll prob get denied but for some things they do actually give later refunds. Like iirc No Mans Sky was refunded to people even if they had way over 2h and I think they might be lenient on technical difficulties too.
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I guess it depends on what game and if there are a popular demand. I will try with Fruit of Grisaia though because that game was utter trash and I could use my money back for other things.

There's a few. I do pretty much always check out reviews first before buying games but even then I can make a mistake and regret it after. Xeonoblade chronicles cor DS really disappointed me. I'm not sure what I was expecting really. I like the open world aspect but I wish there was a different way to attack during a battle. The automatic attack thing doesn't really work for me and the graphics aren't great (which is to be expected really given its such a massive game on such a small port).

Also quite regret buying monster hunter. It's a great game generally, but for me it's quite challenging to figure out what I'm doing all the time and I can't seem to find many guides online to help

Also quite regret buying monster hunter. It's a great game generally, but for me it's quite challenging to figure out what I'm doing all the time and I can't seem to find many guides online to help

Yeah I played both 3U and 4U for 3ds and tbh my largest problems was the controls and sometimes the camera, I feel like it's the wrong console for such a large game unless they simplify how it's done. 3U was just bad in general, but at least 4U made an effort to do thing even if the start/tutorial thing is annoying as heck sometimes. But I guess it's one of those game you either get into immediately or not at all. I love the concept of gathering but the sometimes confusing system of the game in whole can be a bit exhausting.

I wish I could like it but yeah they def. didn't make things easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back