• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Fruits and trees question!

Kristen

robin enthusiast
Bells
Stitches
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Tasty Cake
Fossil Easter Egg
Light Blue Balloon
Cherry (Fruit)
Green Candy
Blue Candy
う
ど
I'm trying to design my town (after months of doing it already I'm still not done whoops) and I was wondering what everyone else does with their fruits. Do you plant them all or just keep some of each in storage while planting only specifics kinds around your town? So far I have some of everything planted but I'm considering cutting them down and planting only certain kinds of fruits and trees.

I have all of the fruit, but am only planting specific fruit around my town for aesthetics.

Personally, I only plant certain kinds of fruit in my town. I find that it can be a bit gaudy-looking to have every single kind of fruit tree planted. Additionally, certain kinds of fruit work better aesthetically for different seasons (peaches look great in spring, pears are cute in summer, cherries and apples look good in fall). The only exception is coconut and banana trees - I like scattering the beach with those at all times of the year. But otherwise, yeah. I never really plant lemon, mango, or durian trees at all :x

I just have them all in random spots in my town. There's only one area with one specific fruit, and that's just so I can get lots of perfect peaches.

Thanks for the responses guys!! I was thinking my durian, lychee, lemon, etc. trees weren't really fitting in with how I wanted my town to look, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this idea!

I was kind of thinking of having half my town cherries/perfect cherries and the rest apples. I dunno though.

I've planted oranges, perfct fruit and lemons in an area in my town that's yellow and stuff. If a fruit doesn't really look good in an area i'll make sure I have more of that fruit somewhere (if it's on another tree or in storage doesn't matter) and then i'll get rid off it.

I don't need to have every fruit tree in my town, but I don't want to "lose" a fruit so yea

I have every type of fruit tree in my town scattered in random locations as my town doesn't have a certain design...I just make stuff up as I go along.

I have all fruit types planted except for lychees. I think lychees look too similar to cherries, but not as nice. I spread all of the fruit trees around because I think it looks better that way. I don't like two apple trees close together, for example. I have bananas on my long beach since I like how bananas look. I'm not as crazy about the coconuts, so I planted those on the short beach.

I don't actually have any fruit trees in my current town

???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you cut all of them down or something?? D:

I have all fruit types planted except for lychees. I think lychees look too similar to cherries, but not as nice. I spread all of the fruit trees around because I think it looks better that way. I don't like two apple trees close together, for example. I have bananas on my long beach since I like how bananas look. I'm not as crazy about the coconuts, so I planted those on the short beach.

I don't like the look of lychees much either, they're my least favourite of all of the island fruits. And I get what you mean! I sometimes like having a forest of apples or something so I don't mind it as much ^_^ I bless ACNL creators for bananas; there were only coconuts in the Animal Crossing game for Gamecube (I don't recall the beach fruits of Wild World and City Folk...), so I'm very grateful for the variety.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have every type of fruit tree in my town scattered in random locations as my town doesn't have a certain design...I just make stuff up as I go along.

I did that too. I just planted whatever so everything in my town is all over the place. At one point my town was pretty much mostly trees; I had to cut a bunch down for perfect town rating. ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've planted oranges, perfct fruit and lemons in an area in my town that's yellow and stuff. If a fruit doesn't really look good in an area i'll make sure I have more of that fruit somewhere (if it's on another tree or in storage doesn't matter) and then i'll get rid off it.

I don't need to have every fruit tree in my town, but I don't want to "lose" a fruit so yea

I had actually considered doing a colourful town and doing that with my fruits, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of look I want. It certainly is super cool though.

I don't want to lose a fruit either, even though my siblings probably have them, I don't want to have to take/buy their fruit >.<

I don't like the look of lychees much either, they're my least favourite of all of the island fruits. And I get what you mean! I sometimes like having a forest of apples or something so I don't mind it as much ^_^ I bless ACNL creators for bananas; there were only coconuts in the Animal Crossing game for Gamecube (I don't recall the beach fruits of Wild World and City Folk...), so I'm very grateful for the variety.

I've seen some towns that have orchards and it can look really nice. For me, though, I don't like having the trees too close together and that's why I scatter the fruits around. I'm sure your trees will look good whatever you decide to do. :)

Last edited:
I've seen some towns that have orchards and it can look really nice. For me, though, I don't like having the trees too close together and that's why I scatter the fruits around. I'm sure your trees will look good whatever you decide to do. :)

Oh yeah, I completely understand that! I guess it's all personal preference ^_^ I was just really interested if I was the only one with the ideas that I had, haha. Thanks so much!

I usually just keep a few of each type of common fruit tree (apple, orange, peach, cherry, pear) in my town for variety, asides from tons of native cherries, but other than that, I don't keep all of the types of fruit in my town. The tropical fruit look strange in my town in my opinion, so I usually opt out for them, but otherwise I keep all of them in my storage for collection purposes and for later on if I remodel my town.
As far as bananas and coconuts go, my beach is currently clogged in so much stuff I don't have room to plant them; if I did I'd probably plop them randomly.

I clumped all my fruit trees together just for ease of harvesting them lmao I wanna use the aesthetically eventually but I have no idea what I'm doing so yeah

I usually just keep a few of each type of common fruit tree (apple, orange, peach, cherry, pear) in my town for variety, asides from tons of native cherries, but other than that, I don't keep all of the types of fruit in my town. The tropical fruit look strange in my town in my opinion, so I usually opt out for them, but otherwise I keep all of them in my storage for collection purposes and for later on if I remodel my town.
As far as bananas and coconuts go, my beach is currently clogged in so much stuff I don't have room to plant them; if I did I'd probably plop them randomly.

Ayy, cherry buddy! My native fruit in both towns is the cherry :)
That sounds like a good idea too. If I did it that way, I could have an apple, orange , peach, cherry, and pear section of town. >.>
Well, I agree about the coconuts, but the bananas aren't that bad for me. I like the palm trees though. If I could have plain palm trees on my beach that would be rad. I actually put mine down randomly at first but I almost completely crowded my beach so I chopped a bunch >.>

I clumped all my fruit trees together just for ease of harvesting them lmao I wanna use the aesthetically eventually but I have no idea what I'm doing so yeah

I actually did that before my town started to form its shape (permanent residents, PWPs, etc). So yeah, I completely get you.

Back