• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Frame Rate

Bells
Father's Day Carnation
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
I don't think if this particular forum is the best prompt for this kind of discussion (but I'll throw it out there).

I've almost always played games casually and on console. So I've never been able to dictate what frame rate I'll be playing at.

I purchased Nickoledean: All Star Brawl 2. My console has it at 30 FPS. It's highly noticable here and borderline difficult to play. It places the entire game into slow motion.

I've never understood the notion of it being a nitpick. Depending on what you play, it can quite literally slow down everything. Particularly I think it's very easy to notice if my character is chopping around the screen. I wish I was someone who didn't notice this kind of thing.

There are many games that I don't care. But recently I tried the new Paper Mario remake. I finished the original GameCube version at least 5 times as a child.

The first thing I noticed was that Mario was taking much longer to move around. I'm still going to play it and enjoy it. I was actually messing up the battle action commands at first because my brain is completely sunken into the original version.

I think it sticks out much more when it's something from childhood. I've felt a bit sympathetic towards those who also point it out.

In my opinion, anyone who thinks it's a nitpick, is either in denial (not wanting to insult their fav games) or just doesn't know what they're missing. To me, it's 2024, there shouldn't be framerate issues in gaming anymore. Like I'm not paying $90 CAD for a game that lags or is so jittery, I get motion sickness. It's unacceptable and people shouldn't be okay with it.

Easy example, I saw people defending Pokemon ScarVio. Like?? That's what I call in denial. Nobody can look at that and go, yeah, that's totally a $90 game.

In the case of people just not knowing what they were missing, I was watching my brother play games on his PS4 and I was blown away by the graphics and frame rate, so buttery smooth! Meanwhile I was playing games on my Switch which barely functions on a good day. It was then when I bought the Steam Deck because I didn't want to be abused like that anymore. So pathetic. I didn't know the glory of what I was missing.

And I'm aware that non Nintendo games have frame rate issues too (NFL 2024 being really bad. It's so jittery), but Switch ports are usually the poorer of the ports.

I consider myself a casual gamer, so frame rate is not something I think too much about. I understand why it can be a problem for some people though.

Easy example, I saw people defending Pokemon ScarVio. Like?? That's what I call in denial. Nobody can look at that and go, yeah, that's totally a $90 game.
Wow. ScarVio's my favorite Pokemon game, so that hit me hard. Now IDK what to say. T_T

I consider myself a casual gamer, so frame rate is not something I think too much about. I understand why it can be a problem for some people though.

Wow. ScarVio's my favorite Pokemon game, so that hit me hard. Now IDK what to say. T_T
You can totally like the game and have it as your favourite! it's just that some people look at the technical issues and think they're excusable for this time period. I legit get headaches trying to play those games because everything is so laggy and jittery. You and everyone else deserve to play a good, well built game.

It used to not matter to me, but now depending on the kind of game it matters a big deal. In general I hate frequently fluctuating framerates regardless of what game it is. It’s very distracting and can make gameplay harder since I have to adapt to the new framerate change.

If it’s consistent, I think 30 fps is perfectly fine for turn based RPGs, cozy games like Animal Crossing, visual novels, or any other kind of game that doesn’t require tons of fast, precision based input. For anything fast paced like action games, platformers, or especially rhythm games, 30 fps feels clunky and not that great. It’s playable after a while once you’re used to it, but 60 fps or more is definitely preferred.

Unless a game is freezing up, I don't really notice it as often as a lot of people seem to. And yeah if it's a more slow or strategic game it doesn't matter anyways. On switch, the only games I've had noticeable framerate issues were LoZTotK and Pokemon SV. And Pokemon was the worst one for that (but I still love the game regardless). I've heard similar complaints about PLA but haven't experienced a problem in that game myself. On PC though my GPU is a few years old and I'm still on a 1080p display, and with my setup I've been able to play anything I've tried so far. But a lot of games especially newer ones are locked to around 60fps, yet usually perform smoothly imo. Some games mainly older ones can even get up to 100fps+ smoothly. The only newer PC game so far I noticed some significant slowdown was Palworld and that might have to do with the game itself. I'm not exactly playing every PC game though so I'm sure there are others I could run into problems with eventually.

A time I really noticed the frame rate difference was when I got Wild World after playing New Leaf and City Folk. It is very noticable to me. Probably less noticable to someone who has never played Animal Crossing before, though.
It is understandable to me however that 3D models on the DS would be slower.

A time I really noticed the frame rate difference was when I got Wild World after playing New Leaf and City Folk. It is very noticable to me. Probably less noticable to someone who has never played Animal Crossing before, though.
It is understandable to me however that 3D models on the DS would be slower.
when I fell in a pitfall with a ufo going over me it also started to lag. In my mind I thought theres no way im letting this lose the ufo, the lag is gonna help me get out of the hole faster it has to

Back