• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Flowers that are easy vs hard to breed on your island?

Le Ham

now please I will accept the money-payment
Bells
Island
Espera
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
It's probably nothing to do with actual data, but I'm wondering what y'all's experience on breeding flower hybrids in general has been like. Are some flower species harder than others for you to breed?

I've had very little trouble breeding my native roses, for example (well, I haven't started trying for blue roses yet lol), as well as hyacinths, but the windflowers have been extremely reluctant to yield hybrids at all - I only today got my first blue windflower after having them all laid out for, what, months? Mums and pansies seem to be like medium difficulty. Lilies are hard for me too, but I suspect that's just because I don't have a lot of them - got my first orange today. Cosmos, suuuper easy and I have oranges like mad, but the black ones are hard to get generally so I don't have one yet. Tulips are my sister flower and I found most of mine on a hybrid island (before they took those out oof) so I only breed to get purples.

i have the same difficulty with the windflowers, they just don't seem to breed, or when they do its never a hybrid! howver my native flower, the tulip seems to breed just fine? so perhaps its a case of what you’re breeding, especially since the windflower hybrids are so much more rare! hybrids that breed like crazy on my island include, the mums! whew, i have too many green mums.. TOO MANY!

i'm honestly drowning in pink and black roses (roses are native) and orange pansies, and i'm reeeally struggling to breed purple pansies and green mums. i gather green mums are kinda hard to breed anyway? but i have a bunch of purple mums so i'm starting to wonder if i'm doing it wrong lol

I have all the roses except blue, but I also haven't tried to breed blue roses at all (all the methods seem like so much tedious WORK, I might just trade for one eventually).

Lilies and cosmos (and roses) I only got with Lief and they seem to be no problem to breed. Mums are my native and pansies my sister and I hit hybrid islands of both before the islands were removed, so I have all the hybrids of those.

But purple tulips, purple hyacinths, and purple windflowers all elude me. :shakes fist:

Hardest is blue roses and purple pansies for me. I was given some by someone nice, not sure if they're here on the forums? Otherwise they gave me so much trouble. Purple hyacinths were hard for me as well. Couldn't even get any orange ones for the longest time lol

Purple windflowers were surprisingly difficult for me! I got 20 purple hyacinths before I got my first purple windflower =_=

I'm having the hardest time with hyacinths. I'd get oranges easily but pink is hard to come by and I haven't seen any purples either 😭

So many pansies, so few roses! I have native mums (ugh), those orange pansies? My god, they're like bunnies.

I have native pansies but now they're the only flower I don't have on my island as I'm not a fan of how they look! I've found it easiest to breed pink and purple mums!

Drowning in orange cosmos, blue hyacinths, and blue pansies
Purple windflowers are painfully slow for me

For some reason, I'm having a really hard time getting purple and blue flowers in general. I don't just mean purple pansies and blue roses - I mean pretty much any blue/purple flower except maybe purple hyacinths. It's super annoying because I have a couple of areas on my island where I want a lot of purple flowers.

windflowers are my native and i got so many blue and purple ones without even really trying.

i'm having the worst luck with purple hyacinths though.

Having so much trouble with purple tulips and hyacinths. I have a decent amount of the other purple flowers.

Mum's are my native flower. It's almost impossible to get anything blue, while on the other hand I'm getting at least 3 new black roses daily...

I have mums as my native flower. Had issues with blue roses, purple hyacinths, and purple windflowers

Back