• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Fishing tips please!

yehves

stan loona
Bells
Switch
3734-1097-8898
Island
Shangri-La
Yellow Cosmos
I don't know if this counts as a thread-deserving question but I kind of want a few opinions on this.
Lately, fishing has been rather difficult for me. Long story short, I can't stop pressing too early. I have no problem with timing, I can easily catch sharks but for some reason, I can't stop pressing too early. Maybe it's because I'm feeling anxious but it's been really annoying because I'd stay at the island for longer than I intended so any tips on how to stop the automatic pressing thing?

It's anxiety.

Put the controller down and do something else, even try some deep-breathing exercises. Once you unwind, you can come back.

Do you close your eyes? That solved it for me, close your eyes and ignore everything until you get the sploosh.

I watch for the first one just in case it's fast, then close your eyes for the rest. Make sure your volume is up. It makes it really hard to pull it in too fast.

like already suggested, something that really helps with my anxiety and pressing too early is to close my eyes and tilt my head towards the ceiling. i find that if i’m looking at the screen while fishing, 90% of the time i’ll press the button too early ;u;

Just relax and calm down, I know compared to the switch, it was easier to catch fish because of the vibration that can be toggled. But if you turn up the volume on the 3ds, it would be easier to determine the timing of the fish and it works for me.

Back