• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us at 7PM EDT for a super special secret staff stream! Don't h8, spect8! ~~Streaming now~~

Favorite Countries by Cuisine?

GreenTeaHarbor1297

Bells
Perfect Apple
Light Green Scenery
What are your favorite countries by national cuisine?
Here are mine;

1. India
Screenshot_1.png

2. Japan
Screenshot_2.png

3. Mexico
Screenshot_3.png

4. Vietnam
Screenshot_4.png

5. Israel
Screenshot_5.png

6. Thailand
Screenshot_6.png

7. Italy
Screenshot_7.png

8. USA
Screenshot_8.png

9. Spain
Screenshot_9.png

10. China
Screenshot_10.png

11. Germany
Screenshot_11.png

12. Switzerland
Screenshot_12.png

Hard to say since I have only been to the US, Canada, and Australia. I don't think I've tried enough truly authentic cuisine from other countries to judge fairly.

But I imagine Italy, Japan, Mexico, Thailand, and India would be at the top of the list (aside from the US/CA/AUS)!

Well China and Taiwan are at the top of my list because that is my culture but after that it’s Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Spanish, Tex Mex, and Italian. The foods from different cultures but haven’t had enough of it or it is hard to find in my area are curry, Mediterranean, and some German things found at Aldi’s such as desserts or frozen schnitzel.

I can't say that I've had many other countries' authentic cuisine so I'm basing my list off their Americanized counterparts. I do believe I would enjoy the real thing even more, though.

Italy
1679711249962.png

Mexico
1679711349559.png

Japan
1679711550773.png

India
1679711770789.png

China
1679711951583.png

Thailand
1679712108509.png

—Italy (my personal favorite)

—Mexico

—France (I love croissants, macarons, quiche Lorraine, and well-made French onion soup)

—Japan (love yaki soba and okonomiyaki)

—China

—United States (hot dish anyone?)

Hawaiian, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, and Mexican are all the ones I like.

I love Middle Eastern food the most: my favorite food are chicken shawarma sandwich, falafel and baklava!

Mexican: I haven’t found a restaurant that I liked as much or close to the one that was closer to my old house. I love their chicken soft shelled tacos, beans and rice.. I also like taco salads, some other dish I can’t think of the name. A bunch other things I like.

Chinese: I think all the Chinese food I’ve had has been Americanized so I haven’t had any authentic. I like sweet and sour chicken, fried rice and white rice,

Japanese: Rice, I love sushi, only california rolls, tuna, fatty tuna, and salmon rolls atm. Ramen too though probably not authentic the one I eat.

Indian: I have only had a curry from a mixed but I’d love to try some authentic. 🙂

German: I love sauerkraut. There is another dish my mom sometimes makes that I like too but I forgot the name (she’s not German but my dad).

Back