Fantasy Life General Thread

Help needed again on a location where I can get Fire Shard, I have had several before but of course have no idea where they came from. I tried the Lava cave but all I get from the bounty of the Fire Tree is Fire logs. I read that I need to go to Drysand Desert to find the tree somewhere between Cave of Bones and Ancient Ruins, but have scoured the area and no tree I can see anywhere.

TIPS, ADVICE, HELP please or does anyone have a spare one I could swap for something else?

Last edited:
@BiggKitty

It's a rock, not a tree^^ It's slightly northwest of the entrance to the Ancient Ruins, around where the ostrich monsters are.

Last edited:
@BiggKitty

It's a rock, not a tree^^ It's slightly northwest of the entrance to the Ancient Ruins, around where the ostrich monsters are.

I'll sleep and Return then, I have hit that once but didn't get my fire shard from the bounty, thanks for putting me straight, now do you know where the Evil shard hangs out?

Last edited:
I'll sleep and Return then, I have hit that once but didn't get my fire shard from the bounty, thanks for putting me straight, now do you know where the Evil shard hangs out?

think I have worked out the Evil Shard hangout but Stardust Linen, is that something I can buy or do I have to craft it from star thread as a Taylor?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have my Fire shard now thank you

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am looking to borrow a God Level miner, I am only a Master Miner and cannot complete the Evil Shard drop. I gave it a couple good tries, but I am not making much impression and then as soon as I have to recharge my Sp the gauge on the rock fills again.

Whew. Done rushing through the rather easy main story for around 7 hours including starting all of the 12 jobs. And it was absolutely worth the effort for unlocking every area before Origin Island. I also got a significant headstart for gaining at least 90k of Dosh, getting many Bliss bonuses and reaching to the Level 20 with little to no grinding. Then, the real deal is about to begin!

I'm going to get myself on editing the OP of the thread very soon. The first thing I'll do is adding my tips and tricks for completing the main story without any whatsoever spoiler of the actual story. That'll help many people on what to do to get started. Other tips and tricks will be added during the following days.

think I have worked out the Evil Shard hangout but Stardust Linen, is that something I can buy or do I have to craft it from star thread as a Taylor?
Whoops, sorry for overlooking your Evil Shard question :( And you can't buy Stardust Linen, you need to make it yourself (or have someone else make it).

i want this game ;-;

agree

Was gonna grab it today but I'll probably look online for somewhere cheaper. And idk that much about it yet so I figured I'd wait and check it out online first (which is hard without spoiling too much, aha).

How is everyone enjoying it so far? Does it have a fairly long main storyline? I don't like the idea of buying Day 1 DLC but I probably will as it seems to add a lot to the game (kind of wish they would have just included it for that reason, but whatever).

the only reason I'm hesitant is because with DLC the game will cost me $60, which is more than I'd usually drop on a 3DS game. ;l

Last edited:
agree

Was gonna grab it today but I'll probably look online for somewhere cheaper. And idk that much about it yet so I figured I'd wait and check it out online first (which is hard without spoiling too much, aha).

How is everyone enjoying it so far? Does it have a fairly long main storyline? I don't like the idea of buying Day 1 DLC but I probably will as it seems to add a lot to the game (kind of wish they would have just included it for that reason, but whatever).

the only reason I'm hesitant is because with DLC the game will cost me $60, which is more than I'd usually drop on a 3DS game. ;l

Eldin, i advise you to get this game, it is well worth it's money. I've dropped around 140 hours into the game now, and i'm not even done for a looong looong time, and i have had it for about 2 weeks, my life... well... has been sucked into the game. I am now able to play the new class: Mentlegen, the true savior of the fair maidens in the prestigious land that is know as reveria.

I'm loving the gameplay, graphics and the all round story that has been put in the game.

I just had my first multiplayer session with Miss BiggKitty, it was fun, the only thing that is annoying is that there is no real easy way to communicate with each other, the game has a build in alphabetical keyboard, instead of having the now normalised "qwerty" keyboard.

I also waited with the DLC till i was done with the main story line, as i wasn't sure if i wanted to buy it.

But so far, on a scale from 0 to 10 i give this game a NolifeSocialAndFriendshipNosleeping/10

Last edited:
A big thank you to Mentlegen for mining the rock that gave me the Evil Shard and making my stardust linen for my blacksmith task, I haven't done much at all with my Taylor life and it's a further reminder of how all the lives all interact with one another.

I would also say to Eldin, get the game, I feel sure you will not regret it.....

agree

Get it!! Origin Island DLC is not required, but lovely to have. I have yet to add it too... one day! :p I always take super long when I play games like this (RP. RPG I guess), so.. I'm only level 5 and maybe 3 hrs into the game. 3 of those levels was on multiplayer, XD

Around what level would I need to be to beat the giant parrot near The Port town? My friend started fighting it and when I went to help we were literally making 0 damage.

Around what level would I need to be to beat the giant parrot near The Port town? My friend started fighting it and when I went to help we were literally making 0 damage.

The giant bird from West Grassy Plains is the weakest huge monster in the game. I guess you should try beating it while your Level is 20+ with the best possible equipment. My Japanese character is on Level 80+ and I can beat this dude without NPCs, nor even sweating.

I finally added a new section to my OP. It may be not perfect as of now, but it'll improve within your feedback. If you don't like going back to my first post of the topic, here's a quote of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GETTING STARTED AND COMPLETING THE MAIN STORY
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started playing Fantasy Life? There are reasons why you should get a License for all 12 jobs and completing the main story.

REASONS FOR EARNING 12 JOB LICENSES AND COMPLETING THE MAIN STORY

- To get to know more about Reveria and its denizens
- To reach Level 19 or over
- To get over 80,000 Dosh
- To get many Bliss Bonuses
- To have all areas unlocked for both you and your friends to access
- Completing the main story will take no longer than 10 hours of gameplay for an average player
- To get all the skills
- To get stat boosts

See? There's absolutely no excuse not to earn all job licenses and complete the main story. With that being said, let's move on how you should progress.

GENERAL TIPS

- Try running as often as possible to raise some running skill, which will then consume SP slower than before.

- If you need to restore SP faster, perform the sitting emotion, usually done by holding Down on the Control Pad assuming you haven't changed it from the settings. To get up, press any button.

- Read your objective on the top of your 3DS's bottom screen, follow the red arrow and the red dots. These details will be guiding to where to go and what you need to do. Keep in mind that there are some instances when they force you to wait for the night to arrive. I'll give you a clue: this happen once at Chapter 3 and in the first chapter of Origin Island.

- Tired of the long-winded dialogues and don't care about the story? Hold the X button and watch the text unfolds rapidly! Note that there are certain instances where you still have to press A.

- Equipping your entire Snow Child Costume set will give you an easier time completing the story. Assuming that you set the language into English, you can get it by entering the code "Snow daze!" if your Fantasy Life version is from North America (United States, Canada, Mexico, and such)
OR "Snow joke" if it's an European/UK/Australian version
OR "ゆきのひゆきやまゆきだるま" if it's a Japanese version

- Finish all of the tutorial quests for every single job. You'll get the skills and materials per job, along with 500 Dosh and the associated license. Speaking of the tutorial quests...

- ...Did you know that after completing your first job tutorial, you can skip entirely any other job tutorial quest and still reap the aforementioned benefits? When the game prompts if you want to continue, say "No" and then "Yes". Any beginner is usually better off getting the gist of the game by accepting the tutorial on one Combat job, one Gathering job along with Fisherman and one Crafting job.

- All daggers are useless in combat, unless you need those Bliss points for the sake of completion. They provide very low damage outputs even with the best daggers!

- Even with a starting weapon, you can still reach to the credits! You don't need to worry about getting better equipment, because the story-related monsters/enemies are generally weak enough for them to be defeated even with the weakest weapon.

- Hit-and-run tactics are usually preferred as you'll want to avoid taking damage as often as you can. Get to know the attack pattern of the monsters, hit them at the

right moment and stay back when they're about to attack. Keep in mind that there are some monsters that can attack twice or three times in a row.

- If you try to beat the story as soon as possible without grinding for exp, you'll want to avoid monsters that don't need to be defeated.

- To end any fight with the shadow monsters being controller by a nearby Doomstone, destroy the latter. Feel free to kill the small beasts to rack up some more exp along the way or skip them altogether. Don't bother attacking the larger shadow monsters, because they are outright invincible.

- If there's a huge shadow monster getting on your way while destroying a Doomstone, put your weapons away and then move yourself and your NPCs further away to make the giant beast move away from the Doomstone, so you can continue destroying the stone.

- Avoid dying as often as possible. You might have a few Life Cures with you to get back in the middle of a fight, but they're rather expensive to purchase from a shop. You're better off healing yourself whenever you're low on HP.

- If you run out of Life Cures and faint, you'll have to restart the chapter.

- If there are NPCs joining in a fight, don't forget reviving them when they faint unless you finish a fight. If you let one of them disappear, you'll have to restart the chapter.

- When you level up during the story, focus on increasing your Strength and Vitality stats, raising your attack power and defense respectively. These will help you to survive even longer, especially when the fights from the later chapters are becoming a bit too problematic for you to deal with.

- Butterfly/Flutter quests will be added every time you finish a story chapter, and your main objective will be always saying "Explore Reveria.". These quests are required to be done before you can jump into another chapter and give you enough Bliss points.

- Prioritize Inventory upgrades as your Bliss Bonuses. Your starting inventory is too small for convenience, since you'll eventually end up collecting a lot of stuff later on. Once you've reached the maximum inventory capacity of 300 items (500 if you own the Origin Island DLC), it's time to upgrade your storage, along with Shop +.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to get this game but like Eldin I think $60 is too much. Maybe someone who's played this game for 100+ hrs can help me?

1) How repetitive/grindy is this game compared to say ACNL? Like in ACNL, if you want to get anything rare like a scorpion, it takes hours just doing the same thing over and over and over until you get lucky. Is Fantasy Life a lot like that, or is the 100 hours you play all doing different & new things

2) Does Fantasy Life have things that you can only do once a day like ACNL? Cuz I really hated that and I don't want to have 2 games that I TT, too hard to keep track of clock

I want to get this game but like Eldin I think $60 is too much. Maybe someone who's played this game for 100+ hrs can help me?

1) How repetitive/grindy is this game compared to say ACNL? Like in ACNL, if you want to get anything rare like a scorpion, it takes hours just doing the same thing over and over and over until you get lucky. Is Fantasy Life a lot like that, or is the 100 hours you play all doing different & new things

2) Does Fantasy Life have things that you can only do once a day like ACNL? Cuz I really hated that and I don't want to have 2 games that I TT, too hard to keep track of clock

I am no expert, but so far it's fun. You have your main quests and can take up side quests (up to 30) which give you rewards on completion. I think you can do a ton of other things (exploration, etc). Though a more experienced player can help you out. So far I have 9 hours into the game (with probably half being afk lol) and I have a lot to do. I like to take my time and do things which is probably why. XD

I just bought this game, can't wait to start playing! :3333

Yay! We should so multiplayer one day! :D Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I am atm!

Back