• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Ever hate someone only to later love them?

Spike! He moved into a plot I was saving for Stitches. I thought of kicking him out but while he was there I kinda just fell in love with him. I can’t imagine him not being on the island now. Every time I want to kick someone out he ends up in the never ever leaving pile lol
YAY!!! Someone else who loves Spike! I have him and he's a dreamie and permanent resident on my island! I spend five hours and 81 NMTs looking for him. Spike is really underrated I don't see why anyone wouldn't like a punk rhino but they like gothic villagers like Cherry and Muffy. I'm gonna invite back Cyd(another underrated villager which I don't know why a punk elephant doesn't get much love?) and make them be neighbors and give them yards and places to hang out. :love:

Spike! He moved into a plot I was saving for Stitches. I thought of kicking him out but while he was there I kinda just fell in love with him. I can’t imagine him not being on the island now. Every time I want to kick someone out he ends up in the never ever leaving pile lol
I don't have him but I do like him. I like the rhinos and the cranky type, so he's definitely good in my eyes! :)
Post automatically merged:

YAY!!! Someone else who loves Spike! I have him and he's a dreamie and permanent resident on my island! I spend five hours and 81 NMTs looking for him. Spike is really underrated I don't see why anyone wouldn't like a punk rhino but they like gothic villagers like Cherry and Muffy. I'm gonna invite back Cyd(another underrated villager which I don't know why a punk elephant doesn't get much love?) and make them be neighbors and give them yards and places to hang out. :love:
I love the idea of Spike and Cyd as neighbors! I plan to amiibo Katt into one of my islands but I'm not sure which yet. But I feel like I don't see a lot of people talking about her and I can't understand why not. She's so funny and awesome! Also Tabby. I got her in my second island as my default peppy and I couldn't be more thrilled! Even though she's a peppy, I still feel like she's a punk at heart! lol!

As someone who had green hair and that sort of thing back in the 80s (when it was most definitely NOT cool), I have a soft spot for the punk villagers. I just wanted to look the way I wanted to look, without people caring or giving me a hard time. I like what I like and as a young person back then, I had to choose between being true to my own aesthetic or wearing what other people wanted to see. I chose to be true to myself but I had to put up with a lot of crap from people for it. Even though my taste has mellowed over the years and I look "normal" now, I love that people can express themselves more freely now, not just with fashion but in so many other ways as well. With the game, I do love the cute villagers like Fauna and Etoille, but I also love the weirdos and the punks. There's room in my heart for 'em all! :)

Last edited:
I don't have him but I do like him. I like the rhinos and the cranky type, so he's definitely good in my eyes! :)
I had only had one rhino before, back in New Leaf when Merengue moved in. I hadn’t had any other of the larger species of villagers, but he is so great. I love the cranky personality now because of him and I decided to move in more rhinos too. It’s funny how no one really thinks of some villagers because they’re not the likes of Marshal or whatever, but I’ve had Marshal and I kicked him out 😂 Some of the lesser-known, lesser-liked villagers are just as good if not more so than the popular ones.

Yes! I guess Beardo and Bonbon are the biggest examples. Theyre awesome ♡

Oh and I forgot about Biff and Rocco!!

Nana, because of the fact that she's not who I wanted, but probably Ken, too, although I'm trying to get him to leave.

I used to dislike Marshal because he was oh so popular and I couldn't understand the hype. He became my first camper in New Horizons and when I let him move in I thought "Oh well, at least you'll get to sell him for a bunch of tickets!" Turns out he never left, ahem... :blush:

I wouldn't say I love him, but Pietro. He showed up on one of my previous islands as my first smug and I enjoyed his presence a lot more than I thought I would. Also Renée, Biff and Tank come to mind. They're precious beans and I'd step on a lego for them.

The villager I used to dislike was Raymond. Back when NH was young and new, every player seemed to love him, which made me dislike him. I don't remember when it was but I found him on an island while hopping and decided to take him in out of jest. In the end I liked him and got a pic from him. I ended up giving him to a user on here but I loved the time I had with him.

Back