• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Europe and Japan : 3 cards per blind pack, North America : 6 cards

Found it here :
amiibo_card_AnimalCrossing_pack.jpg

Sweet! We do get more NPC cards! But still, I bet their price is better than ours anyway. T_T

Well this is bad news for me {living in England}

But Nintendo said the cards are region free - so I guess we always have the option to order them off Amazon or another American store if we really want more cards >.<

Well this is bad news for me {living in England}

But Nintendo said the cards are region free - so I guess we always have the option to order them off Amazon or another American store if we really want more cards >.<

Have Nintendo actually confirmed they are region free? I'll be so happy if they have because I'm in England too, but I'm getting Japanese cards :)

Sweet! We do get more NPC cards! But still, I bet their price is better than ours anyway. T_T
I'm also quite happy about that since I care about some villagers, not so much about NPCs with glittering cards. I want Pate, O'Hare, Friga, Ozzie, Canberra and Olive (if they bring her back from the GameCube game).

Last edited:
Have Nintendo actually confirmed they are region free? I'll be so happy if they have because I'm in England too, but I'm getting Japanese cards :)

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 18.44.20.jpg

I won't use the word confirm since that's what got me in trouble last time, but I asked Nintendo specifically about the animal crossing amiibo cards since I have a US DS {and will get a US game} but now live in the UK. That was there response so I assume it applies to the cards as well >.<

Why are you annoyed for us? We will just buy two times as much XD.
I don't mind that much, if anything if they are cheaper it will make my dad buy them for me more.
I'm going to buy loads, does anyone wanna trade duplicates when they come out?

Why are you annoyed for us? We will just buy two times as much XD.
I don't mind that much, if anything if they are cheaper it will make my dad buy them for me more.
I'm going to buy loads, does anyone wanna trade duplicates when they come out?

Ah crap I'm now jealous my parents would never buy me any xD Gotsta do it myself. Neat tho!

When you are 32 and have a steady job, you pay for your own stuff. I was actually old enough to buy my own Nintendo 64 console when it came out in 1996, I was 13.

Last edited:
When you are 32 and have a steady job, you pay for your own stuff. I was actually old enough to buy my own Nintendo 64 console when it came out in 1996, I was 13.

Haha true that. I'm 22... but still... I wouldn't say no to a free pack of these cards. :p

Hee! The best part about being a grown-up with a regular job is you can have this kind of conversation with yourself:
"Hey, self...so there's this new game and these amiibo cards coming out. Can I buy me some? Pleeeeeeease?"
"Of course, self! Tell you what! Let's buy A WHOLE BOX! And because you've been so well-behaved, let's take a week's vacation when the game comes out so you can play as much as you want!"
"Wheeeeeeeee!"

Hee! The best part about being a grown-up with a regular job is you can have this kind of conversation with yourself:
"Hey, self...so there's this new game and these amiibo cards coming out. Can I buy me some? Pleeeeeeease?"
"Of course, self! Tell you what! Let's buy A WHOLE BOX! And because you've been so well-behaved, let's take a week's vacation when the game comes out so you can play as much as you want!"
"Wheeeeeeeee!"

Oh dude. I would never take a week off for a spin off of Animal Crossing. Besides, if I'd ever take a week off for a game, my significant other would kill me.

Oh dude. I would never take a week off for a spin off of Animal Crossing. Besides, if I'd ever take a week off for a game, my significant other would kill me.

Gotta use my 8 weeks of banked vacation somehow. I once took a 3-week vacation in the virtual world of Glitch. My partner's a gamer as well and he gets it.

"Wheeeeeeeee!"

HA! XD This made me feel a lot better about it. At least we don't have to ask people to buy us the game!

I also work form home as freelance so I don't even have to take time 'off work'. BOOM!

Probably because of localization, the names won't be the same between the regions, but most likely they'll be region free cards, so just import them if you really, REALLY want more, but be prepared to pay for high shipping, that's where they get you! ;)

Probably because of localization, the names won't be the same between the regions, but most likely they'll be region free cards, so just import them if you really, REALLY want more, but be prepared to pay for high shipping, that's where they get you! ;)

there really isn't any reason for people in North America to need to import cards unless there's a stock issue (which I doubt there is since cards are like 4065463x easier to produce than figures). 'Cause since the NA packs come with 6 cards, and the JPN packs come with 3 cards, the price to buy a NA pack of cards getting you 6 cards will probably cost the same as importing Japanese cards, but you receive half the amount.

So unless you're a collector or something, at least for those in NA there really isn't any need for them to import.

Yes, I really want NA cards although European and NA cards might be interchangeable only because they have English-French-Spanish translation of the names (Like Olive-Grisa-Osalina) while Japanese ones have only the Japanese name. So I guess once you start a collection of Japanese cards, you are stuck importing forever more at high price...

As a fan of the villagers more than NPC, this sucks. But on the plus side, the NPC can't be got any other way so there is that positive to get them.

Why the Anglosphere doesn't have it's own branch is beyond me. The UK doesn't need all of the language options; we speak English.

Back