• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Don't hate me for this, but...

i think you could argue that all of the tier one villagers are ""overrated"" but tbh that word is used so much it's lost its meaning.
anyway, i have him in my town and he's great. he's aesthetically pleasing for the majority of people, fitting that ~kawaii~ look everyone on this forum seems to strive for with their towns.

i think he's rated just right, but people can go too crazy over him.

I think a lot of people like him because he's got the "cutesy guy" thing going on, I mean... I went through a pretty hard phase of following a lot of young asian male cosplayers on instagram because they had the shota thing going on so...
who the heck knows, man. It's just fans being fans.

I do have him in my town, though, and I gotta say he is pretty cool. We may or may not have matching vests.

I like all the squirrels, and Marshal is cute, but Caroline is perhaps my favourite squirrel. Tho I have Filbert and he's so adorable, too. Smugs are great, imo, and as for some unpopular ones - I happen to adore the hell out of Hans and Klaus. I have them in one of my towns and will likely keep them forever!

I don't care about popularity; I didn't even know that before I found for myself who I like. I can't imagine people just jumping on a proverbial bandwagon and getting villagers they don't like just because of popularity. I mean if you cycle and want to sell one, sure, but to have? I doubt anyone would get a popular villager they don't like just because of so-called popularity.

I like all the squirrels, and Marshal is cute, but Caroline is perhaps my favourite squirrel. Tho I have Filbert and he's so adorable, too. Smugs are great, imo, and as for some unpopular ones - I happen to adore the hell out of Hans and Klaus. I have them in one of my towns and will likely keep them forever!

I don't care about popularity; I didn't even know that before I found for myself who I like. I can't imagine people just jumping on a proverbial bandwagon and getting villagers they don't like just because of popularity. I mean if you cycle and want to sell one, sure, but to have? I doubt anyone would get a popular villager they don't like just because of so-called popularity.

Yeah! I agree about Caroline.

I don't like Marshal, or hate him, but I can see why people find him cute. I just don't like when people get too obsessed with him.

Eh, he's cute. Cute species, cute face and cute personality. I get why people like him. Most things that are really popular are a bit overrated because once something starts to gain a following, others will jump on the bandwagon, even if they don't like the thing that much. That's probably how he became so popular. Still, you don't have to jump on too if you don't want to. People can like whatever they want and for whatever reasons. I don't care.

Back