Don't hate me for this, but...

Is it just me or people seem to use the word "overrated" pretty often these days? It's like, something popular > I don't like it as much > it's overrated. I don't think it is, personally. He's generally liked by players and you just happen to be the people who don't think the same way. The fact that he's popular and sought after by a lot of people until now proves his worth. Does something has to be liked by everyone to be popular?

For me, I can see why Marshall is popular, and he was one of the villagers I was interested in having before getting the game. But, after finding out that his personality is Smug, I thought Julian fit the personality better and sought after him. I'd like Marshall better if he's a Cranky, that pouty face would be so cute paired with that personality.

I remember when I got Marshal as a random movein but didn't want him so I put him for auctioning.Then there was a huge fight of the last minute steal and I ended up keepin him and forgot the whole thing, people get way to worked up for a squirrel
I like him, but people need to like something about villagers more than how they look, you know?

I have Marshal in my town he was a random move in. He looks pretty cute to me. I do have to admit to he is overrated. I mean when I look at some of his threads on villager trading plaza woah.

XDQeXvy - Imgur.jpg

I agree, Marshal is really overrated! There are way better smug villagers

I have Marshall... and I love him! But I understand I am sick of hearing his name all the time... Another thing that kinda bothers me are there forums though! there are seriously like 40+ of these forums!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it just me or people seem to use the word "overrated" pretty often these days? It's like, something popular > I don't like it as much > it's overrated. I don't think it is, personally. He's generally liked by players and you just happen to be the people who don't think the same way. The fact that he's popular and sought after by a lot of people until now proves his worth. Does something has to be liked by everyone to be popular?

For me, I can see why Marshall is popular, and he was one of the villagers I was interested in having before getting the game. But, after finding out that his personality is Smug, I thought Julian fit the personality better and sought after him. I'd like Marshall better if he's a Cranky, that pouty face would be so cute paired with that personality.

I 100% agree

Is it just me or people seem to use the word "overrated" pretty often these days? It's like, something popular > I don't like it as much > it's overrated.

The word overrated is overrated. Overratedception.

Anyway that's not the main point here sorry for going off topic. I think that Marshal is pretty overrated too, but I see where the hype is coming from. It doesn't deserve that much though in my opinion, I mean sure he could still be in Tier 1 and I'd think that that'd be a good spot for him but putting him in like the top 3/5/whatever top spots in tier 1 with a very large margin just makes me shake my head.

Seriously, why do people with contrasting opinions with the popular opinion get a lot of hate? They're just opinions, especially over some characters that don't matter as much. Yeah, I like Marshal, but I don't like intolerance.

Seriously, why do people with contrasting opinions with the popular opinion get a lot of hate? They're just opinions, especially over some characters that don't matter as much. Yeah, I like Marshal, but I don't like intolerance.
I don't know why, but I heard someone on Google+ said they didn't like My Little Pony, and like 300 people commented and a few sent death threats. For MY LITTLE PONY! I'm not a fan really, so don't try to kill me. Please.

I don't know why, but I heard someone on Google+ said they didn't like My Little Pony, and like 300 people commented and a few sent death threats. For MY LITTLE PONY! I'm not a fan really, so don't try to kill me. Please.

Well, Marshal is different since he is just a character of a game that isn't as popular as some things like My Little Pony and Frozen. There are even some people like me who don't care too much for villagers. I'm more for completion rather than good villagers. But there are villagers that I like and villagers that I don't like.

Well, Marshal is different since he is just a character of a game that isn't as popular as some things like My Little Pony and Frozen. There are even some people like me who don't care too much for villagers. I'm more for completion rather than good villagers. But there are villagers that I like and villagers that I don't like.
I understand what you mean. Not to get off topic, but a lot of people in middle school hated me because I don't like Call of Duty. I'm not joking. Someone else said I worship the devil because I play Pokemon. But, I personally like good villagers and a nice town. I don't want villagers like Pippy, but I do want a good looking town.

What are you even talking about? No one on this thread has given any hate to someone for not liking Marshal. Are you just saying that in general?

Last edited:
Back