• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you watch any live streams on YouTube?

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Do you watch live streams on YouTube, or do you stick to regular videos? I’m a big fan of one motivational travel YouTuber that streams a lot, and I watch him every chance I get. I don’t usually watch other live streams as I don’t pay attention to other channels so much.

Do you like interacting with the other people on the live stream or watching certain ones?

I'll rarely watch live streams for things like pro wrestling events or concerts. Aside from that...not too much.

The most regular bit of livestream viewing I do is for the channel 'Only in Japan Go'...because John Daub is hilarious, and he streams at weird hours that work with my schedule (time difference in Japan). I do love watching some random tour of a Japanese street, or learning about a bridge for no reason, or whatever. Always informative, and always acting a fool.

I rarely watch live streams. If I do, then it is video game related (like game showcases) or one of those videos that have music playing and some sort of live stream nature cam in the background.

Mostly just games, I always suuper late getting to them. I've watched old ones? One I wanted to watch, so I made sure to get all my stuff done the day before

Also, no I never talk in the chat

Last edited:
Both for me. I typically watch Dr. DisRespect's streams when he's on but I do enjoy watching other live stuff as well.

I sometimes join the chat depending on what's happening.

Oh...I forgot the second part of the question.

I don't usually interact with chats when I watch live streams. I'm usually just multitasking.

the only streams I ever watch are Nintendo direct streams, otherwise I can't ever get myself to pay attention to it bc my attention span is horrible and I don't have time for who knows how long of a video it'd be

and yea I like to interact with the stream chat sometimes

Not really, no, unless it’s from Nintendo. I don’t usually interact with people on the live stream either.

I wanted to watch the live streams for this gacha game I play, but usually they happen when I am sleeping. I did watch one where a VA talked to the audience a bit (people in the chat) and read poems. He skipped mine :/; I was just saying hiw much I liked his role as a character in the game. I watched some streams of another VA but everyone just ignored me when I tried joining in the discussion (I felt like most of them were there to get her attention anyways and not talk to anyone else). Watched another print signed and other signings while waiting for mine since I wasn’t sure when it would be my turn. I embarrassed myself a little on one ><.

No plans to watch any others. I don’t feel welcome or like I fit in, not that that matters but it makes me uncomfortable.

I occasionally watch live streams/premiers when I have the opportunity. I only really use the chat feature on one youtube channel. For the rest of them, I don't get involved. In some cases, it just ruins the experience and close the chat box. Take a look at the chat during Nintendo directs and Smash Bros. related stuff. So many messages are coming in at once and a lot of them are being annoying and spamming stuff.

I used to watch a Pokémon streamer, but he moved to Twitch so I don’t watch anymore. I much prefer normal videos over streams, as I can watch on my own time. and honestly, i don’t get the hype about stream culture

i don’t really watch livestreams in general, unless it’s for a nintendo direct or e3, as they don’t hold my attention much. it also doesn’t help that i’m impatient as well; if there’s a livestream that i know includes something/info i’m interested in, i’d much rather wait for it to be over so that i can skip through to find what i’m looking for, rather than having to watch the whole thing lol.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I'm not a huge fan of watching livestreams. I will watch TV shows (very rarely, as there are no good ones) on YouTube live, if there is any like recently the Eurovision Song Contest, but I would never interact with anyone in the chat. I just prefer to sit back and watch whatever livestream I'm watching. Oh and Nintendo Direct is something I always like to watch.

i never watch anything that's not scripted or edited on youtube. lives and twitch streams are way too boring for me, no matter what kind of live it is, even though interacting with the chat is fun.

I rarely watch live streams since it's not my thing, but one of my friends runs a small streaming channel on youtube and I like to support him when I can/I have nothing better to do

I usually don't watch any live streams, whether it be on YouTube or Twitch or another website. I usually find it easier to watch VODs of any streams instead, so that way I'm able to just speed it up and skip through and also not have to worry about any buffering problems I may encounter. That said, I do prefer streams on YouTube since I'm always able to change the quality of the stream, whereas Twitch doesn't give you that option sometimes, which is really frustrating when my internet isn't always able to handle high quality (1080p, sometimes 720p) streams. As for interacting in chat, it depends on the stream/streamer, but I've never chatted on YouTube streams.

the only livestreams i’m willing to watch are game directs (like the nintendo directs & rune factory 5’s prerelease cast livestream) and MV premieres for artists & groups i like. otherwise, i stick entirely to recordings if i want to watch streams (like gameplay ones) & don’t care about them otherwise. i keep chat turned off too when I bother to tune in because i’m not here to watch people say (often very annoying) things at a mile a minute lol I’m here to watch things

I rarely watch livestreams on YouTube and more videos because I don't like to watch them since they're usually really long. If I do I probably try to watch it fully or hope that it is uploaded as a video so I can finish it later. But I do prefer YouTube over Twitch for both videos and livestreams~

Back