• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you want all villager personalities on your island?

moonbox

smol internet poltergeist
Bells
Switch
7612-4727-7110
User Title Color Change
Tasty Cake
I always assumed everybody wants to collect at least one villager for each personality type. See, I don't have a jock right now and I don't love any of them right now. I really want to have all villager types but at the same time, I wanted two Snooty's (Whitney and Diana), two Cranky's (Fang and Apollo), two Peppy's (Merry and Audie), or two Normal's (Marina and Merengue). I've only got 2 negotiable spots left, so I have to decide if I'll go with a jock and a second personality type or two second personality types.

Does anyone else have this problem or any insight? (Like if not having all villager types takes away from the game or gets boring, etc.)

I really, really, tried to like the Uchis.

Had Tammi in the beginning (meh). Agnes I amiibo'd in because I liked her design but I was attracted to a lot of other villagers. Had Reneigh who I also liked design-wise, but I let go for the same reason.

I wish there were more Uchi designs.

Current island:
x2 Jocks
x1 Cranky
x1 Normal
x2 Snooties
x1 Smug
x1 Peppy
x1 Lazy
x1 Cycling house so doesn't ever count.

at first i was planning to have all 8 personalites with 2 peppys and 2 smugs, then all different species

now i have no normal villagers, 3 smugs, 2 elephants and about 3 cats lol

i'm not too bothered about my villagers being different, now i'm just going to get the ones i want whether they are the same personality/species or not ☆

I really, really, tried to like the Uchis.

Had Tammi in the beginning (meh). Agnes I amiibo'd in because I liked her design but I was attracted to a lot of other villagers. Had Reneigh who I also liked design-wise, but I let go for the same reason.

I wish there were more Uchi designs.

Current island:
x2 Jocks
x1 Cranky
x1 Normal
x2 Snooties
x1 Smug
x1 Peppy
x1 Lazy
x1 Cycling house so doesn't ever count.

Agreed! The Uchis are just not very appealing to me. I had Agnes originally and I really liked her design but since she was starter house I had to let her go. I would take Agnes or Pashmina. But I totally agree with you, the Uchi designs are severely lacking.

Honestly, I'm over the jocks / lazies (besides Bob, he's a lifetime bestie!), LOOOL.
Whilst I would love a huge variety of villager types and lazy villagers are so cute, there is just so much I can hear about bugs in the floor / the ceiling / the pantry.... I want to focus on getting some Cranky and Snooty types in, and maybe another Smug because I loveee them ASAP!~ Right now I have:
Normal x 3 (Skye, Midge, Molly)
Smug x 1 (Kidd)
Uchi x 1 (Diva)
Peppy x 2 (Merry, Wendy
Cranky x 1 (Octavian)
Lazy x 2 (Bob, Zucker)

I want to have all 8 but I don't like any of the uchis. :/
My duplicate personalities rn are cranky (omg Dobie and Bruce are bffs), smug (Raymond and Marshal yay) and normal ( the cuties Goldie & Maple). I don't know who to kick out, well probably Maple, but I like her 10x more than all of the uchis together. T_T

Also Dom is the most adorable jock ever choose him.

I always assumed everybody wants to collect at least one villager for each personality type. See, I don't have a jock right now and I don't love any of them right now. I really want to have all villager types but at the same time, I wanted two Snooty's (Whitney and Diana), two Cranky's (Fang and Apollo), two Peppy's (Merry and Audie), or two Normal's (Marina and Merengue). I've only got 2 negotiable spots left, so I have to decide if I'll go with a jock and a second personality type or two second personality types.

Does anyone else have this problem or any insight? (Like if not having all villager types takes away from the game or gets boring, etc.)
I tried to have a jock, cannot relate to their whole MUSCLES MUSCLES MUSCLES, so dom is gonna be kicked and I'll have 2 normals, 2 peppies, 2 lazies, than one of all other personalities except jock

I have all 8 personalities with duplicates of snooty and lazy. I love having all the personalities just for diversity sake and you get different DIYs from each personality. Although I am thinking of getting rid of Ankha for another snooty but I’m not sure atm

I have all types but smug, as there are no smug bear cubs. I can easily get all the smug DIY's by inviting smugs to the campsite as I have a lot of amiibo cards, but I'm missing the final smug reaction (showmanship) that you only get at Best Friend level.

I might invite a smug into town, (probably Klaus because he's a bear and he's dressed like Julius Caesar!!!) just long enough to get the reaction then kick him out and move the cub he replaced (Murphy probably) back in. I'm so glad I got amiibo cards years ago when they were cheap!!!

But I'm working on getting the other 7 "Best Friends" reactions first.

I don't like lazy, smugs, or uchi villagers so it's not like I would mind if I didn't have any of those types.

It was my intention to have at least 1 of each.

At the moment I have:

1 x jock - Tank
2 x uchi - Pashmina / Mira (soon to be swapped for Marshal)
2 x normal - Caroline / Fauna
1 x lazy - Erik
1 x smug - Raymond
1 x snooty - Ankha
2 x peppy - Bunnie / Audie (might swap for cranky)

My son likes Tank, but I really want Snake, so it's a battle.

I want at least one of each personality type, even if it won't fit with my island's 'dark' theme. I just want the variety in DIY, reactions but mostly conversations with the villagers and between them. I feel blessed I found Dotty during some Nook Mile island hopping, her demonic eyes make her the ONLY right Peppy for me. I actually like the jocks, don't know why people hate them so much, but then they love actually annoying ones like Raymond. I want all types, and then 2 Cranky and 2 Snooty, my favorite male and female personalities.

Nope! I only had a jock for long enough that I could get his photo and all the reactions. I don't care to hear about abs and running and stuff all the time, even if Genji is really really cute. I have actually grown to like uchis now that I have more than just two people on my island they kind of balance out.

I do like the idea of having all personality types, so I would like to one day, though it isn't top priority for me.

I originally didn't want any peppy or jock villagers since I find them kind of annoying but the repetitive dialogue was getting to me. Especially having two normals - their dialogue is just so vanilla. Ended up getting Ruby and Genji and the fact that their appearance/facial expressions are the total opposite of their personality makes them pretty endearing so I'm keeping them!

I definitely plan on having every personality, but idk what I want my duplicates to be yet. I might keep 2 normals like I have now, but definitely leaning against having two peppies - Sprinkle is the ideal peppy for me rn and any other villager (Bubbles) would just feel like a copy of her until I'm convinced otherwise. Maybe I could stand to do two crankies? Most of the other types feel like peppy does, I don't want more than one.

I'm not particularly keen on the uchi personality but I really want all the DIYs... I may eventually get one

I currently have one of everything with an extra lazy and normal villager. I'll probably have one of everything for a year or so until I let my peppy go since it's my least favorite personality type in this game and I'd rather get another snooty or cranky.

I have all 8 personalities on my island with 2 dupe Snooties and 2 dupe Normals. Sisterly has been decent for me as I like Cherry quite a bit. One Jock/Peppy is enough for me though...their speech is a bit overbearing at times.

Back