• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Pokémon Do you use your Masterball?

Rarely. I try to catch everything in one type of ball (usually a normal Pokeball).

The only times I've used a Master Ball is when I'm trying to catch all the Pokemon, where I'll use it on one of the last Pokemon that's usually a hassle to catch (such as those that run away). If I'm just catching legendary's, I may use it on the last legendary I have to catch, though that's only if I'm feeling lazy at the time.

I didn't use one in X&Y.

No, I'm not a peasant

Maybe I'll give mine away or something. They honestly ruin any pokemon I catch with it anyway

Somehow I caught Rayquaza with my first ultra ball and deoxys with my third so I won't be using my master ball in this game luckily.

I traditionally used it on one of the fleeing legendaries, but since they seem to be fading out of existence I have no idea what to do with it any more.

No, I prefer not to. I feel like using a Masterball is a cheap, easy way to capture a Legendary Pokemon and takes all the fun and challenge of capturing it normally.

Nope. I have mine in my bag still in omega ruby. I had to SR 4 times to catch Groudon with ultra balls

In X and Y I caught the legends right away with a quick ball. Felt like a masterball

Last edited:
No, I'm not a peasant

Maybe I'll give mine away or something. They honestly ruin any pokemon I catch with it anyway

Scratch this, I used mine on a Magikarp, named it ****lord, and wondertraded it

Yes I do. I ether use my masterball on the legendary that represents the game or I never use the masterball. This is how it went for me in the past three games.

-Pokemon Black/White and Black2/White2: Didn't use my masterball at all

-Pokemon X/Y: Used my masterball on Yveltyl (kept restarting X lol, I will play through it someday later on)

-Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Getting Omega Ruby): Used Masterball on Kyogre

Every single time I've used it to capture the legendaries they put on the boxes. Except Red & Blue, Red I didn't know what the heck I was doing cause I was a kiddie so I used it on a Magnaton, and then Blue I used it on MewTwo.

I usually don't, I keep forgetting that I have it. I might use it this time in ORAS but I don't know which legendary I should use it on.

I usually don't, I keep forgetting that I have it. I might use it this time in ORAS but I don't know which legendary I should use it on.

Deoxys or Kyogre because they can heal and if you mess up and kill them, then you have to watch LONG cut scenes.

I haven't used a masterball in years. Will admit when I was a kid playing r/b I used to waste it on the first pokemon I came across. I like a challenging capture e.g. mewtwo and his recover.

I always use my masterball on my first legendary Pokemon. I don't want to not catch it or over kill it so I just use my masterball.

I usually use it for the legendary Pokemon in every game. If there’s multiple, I use it on the hardest-catch-rate one.

I tend not to use my Master Balls and save them for special occasions, usually shiny legendaries. For example, I hunted for a shiny Kyurem in Alpha Sapphire some time ago and immediately used a Master Ball on that. Using it on anything other than an ordinary shiny or shiny legendary seems like a waste to me, and even if I encountered an ordinary shiny I would attempt to use other types of Balls first, like Quick Balls, Dusk Balls, and Ultra Balls, and the Master Ball would be a last resort. The only exceptions being things that can try to escape or knock themselves out, like Abra or Electrode, or a drawn out battle with a shiny that might Struggle or otherwise mess things up. This conservative approach might seem like a waste to some, but I'd rather be safe than sorry if I ever encountered something shiny with a really low chance of capture.

Last edited:
I never use it, mostly because I despise the design of it and I prefer to catch Pokemon with regular or apricot Pokeballs.

Last edited:
Back