do you time travel?

pwincess

dwarven mayor of erebor ♡
Bells
3 Envelopes
i used to time travel all the time, like as soon as i've done my mayor duties for the day
but idk i feel like i should just play the game one day at a time
hbu what do you guys do? and why?

Ive always played normally because I loved that I could live each day normally like I would in life. But when trading around villagers and keeping them in boxes... It makes me have to time travel... :( I don't really like doing it at all.

Ive always played normally because I loved that I could live each day normally like I would in life. But when trading around villagers and keeping them in boxes... It makes me have to time travel... :( I don't really like doing it at all.

yeah, and at the beginning of the game i like to unlock things quickly such as the qr codes and whatnot
then again you can always just quickly play each day then catch up to the real date haha n__n;;

also hey cool you have all your dreamies! congrats

yeah, and at the beginning of the game i like to unlock things quickly such as the qr codes and whatnot
then again you can always just quickly play each day then catch up to the real date haha n__n;;

also hey cool you have all your dreamies! congrats
Haha. Im thinking of changing some actually... but yeah. I TT for the qr codes because I like having that straight away so I can get started on my town...! Did you end up restarting?

This is my opinion so don't bite at me people, but I feel that if you time travel your taking away from what the game is about. The game is a journey, its about taking it one day at a time and seeing what happens, seeing what comes your way and its about looking forward towards the next day and the day after that, because you never know what exciting thing could happen or what you may stumble upon. Its almost magical.

As soon as you start time traveling, your taking away that magic and the game becomes more systematic, a checklist if you will where you TT continually to get every item under the sun. Now I know many people will argue against this and say that you do this because you just like to customize your town, almost like Minecraft's creative mode and thats fine, however like I said before the game isn't just about what your town looks like, but more about how your town behaves, how your town looks and you have adapted to your town day after day from all the events and random scenarios that can happen.

To cut it short, while I don't class time traveling as cheating, I just think your taking away so much of what the game is and in my opinion, ruining it for yourself. My advice would be is to play the game how its mean't to be played, because games like this don't come around often.

Haha. Im thinking of changing some actually... but yeah. I TT for the qr codes because I like having that straight away so I can get started on my town...! Did you end up restarting?

i feel like you have a pretty town with cute little white paths and pink flowers and stuff omg am i right? haha
and yeah i did restart, got fed up with my old town

i feel like you have a pretty town with cute little white paths and pink flowers and stuff omg am i right? haha
and yeah i did restart, got fed up with my old town

Haha, my town is no way near finished... school is in the way...! I would love to restart... but I don't know how to get my villagers and bells with me... (impossible :( )

I only time travel when im selling furniture to player online and I need the order from the catalog ASAP

This is my opinion so don't bite at me people, but I feel that if you time travel your taking away from what the game is about. The game is a journey, its about taking it one day at a time and seeing what happens, seeing what comes your way and its about looking forward towards the next day and the day after that, because you never know what exciting thing could happen or what you may stumble upon. Its almost magical.

As soon as you start time traveling, your taking away that magic and the game becomes more systematic, a checklist if you will where you TT continually to get every item under the sun. Now I know many people will argue against this and say that you do this because you just like to customize your town, almost like Minecraft's creative mode and thats fine, however like I said before the game isn't just about what your town looks like, but more about how your town behaves, how your town looks and you have adapted to your town day after day from all the events and random scenarios that can happen.

To cut it short, while I don't class time traveling as cheating, I just think your taking away so much of what the game is and in my opinion, ruining it for yourself. My advice would be is to play the game how its mean't to be played, because games like this don't come around often.

that's a fair point, and i agree completely actually. it's just with me, i looooooove things that i can customize and make pretty and stuff. so the idea of having a pretty town and home is like *-* omgomgomg. i like to get my town set up so i know what i want it to look like, then i slow it down a bit (time traveling i mean). i'm probably still going to tt but once i get everything in order such as my paths, villagers, and ... yeah, then i think i'll stop. it's kind of like a base, then i can just play from there. so once i'm genuinely happy then yAa idk hahaa

The only time I really TT is to get my moving villagers out of my town and to fast-forward to 5PM so I can get my mail and start organizing my rooms with new furniture.

Haha, my town is no way near finished... school is in the way...! I would love to restart... but I don't know how to get my villagers and bells with me... (impossible :( )

you can just get somebody to hold onto them for you!

The only time I really TT is to get my moving villagers out of my town and to fast-forward to 5PM so I can get my mail and start organizing my rooms with new furniture.

i sometimes time travel to 5pm just because of the music and the way the town looks, especially 7pm *-* haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Its hard for trust... D;

yeah i understand, i got conned the other night with my villagers. but hey i got all my items back! and someone is donating the same amount of bells that i lost to me so woo

Last edited:
I time travel a lot, like 5 days worth of playing in one day. But only due to my /ahem/ blood disorder which would have caused me to miss Halloween if I didn't time travel. When I feel my platelets drop, I sleep for 23 hours at a time (no joke.) which means I wouldn't be playing that day which would cause me to miss out. I also have this fear of me dying (which isn't a thing that usually happens with ITP) and I'd love to experience every holiday before then. It doesn't take away from the game play (as I originally thought it would), it enhances for me, personally. But to each his/her/their own c:

I also don't just finish up my mayor duties, I usually spend 20 minutes after i get done just chatting with the villagers and doing their requests

Last edited:

I have to agree with this, from experience. Since I stopped time-travelling I have vastly enjoyed the game much more and become much more friendly with my villagers. I can go to bed looking forward to my new PWP, or the shop upgrade I'm going to get in the morning!

I only really ever set my clock forward or backwards to adjust time for daylight-savings time. I don't like time traveling personally because I feel it takes away from what the game is about, and since I use the game to escape my life, I like my clock to match up with the current time of day. :)

I only time traveled for a major benefit once, just recently. My sister had a villager move out, and I wanted to get to 10 before my game picked up Poncho from the void. After I finished campsite resetting I fixed the clock to be back when I wanted it to be. :)

Nope, but I've only just started. I hope I never feel the temptation, as it'll probably mean I'm not having fun playing the game normally any more. I wouldn't look down on people who play the game in different ways to me, but there's still a small amount of pride in knowing you earned things legitimately.

I completely agree! TTing just really ruins the whole game... waiting for a villager to move in is pure agony, but it's all part of the day-to-day lifestyle of Animal Crossing.

I prefer not to time travel when I play. The only time I ever change my clock at all is for daylight savings. It's just more fun to me to play normally instead of skipping back and forth, and I feel a lot more satisfaction when I take the time to wait and give myself something to look forward to rather than TTing and getting things instantly done.

Back