• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you still have your original town?

I do not and I think that is a good thing. If I didn't, I wouldn't meet my most favourite villager, Agent S. That aside, it helped me to get comfortable with the game a little bit before resetting for a reason that I can't remember exactly.

No. I kept it for a long time, but I realized I hated the layout. Since the layout is something you can't change... well, I reset. Fortunately, I didn't reset it until after Welcome Amiibo came out, so I could keep my catalog for the reorderable items. I also used another town to move over unorderables.

For my first town (2013)--no. That was an experiment town established to help family members with their AC:NL games. That town disappeared when I restarted in 2015 for my current main town. However, my other seven towns are still original.

Yes i do
Town Kenma
can't seem to update it :(
it's been around a year for that town

I get too attached to my towns so I actually still have my original town on every single console. ACNL was the first time I wanted another town so I just bought a new copy of the game just so that I could have both

no, but i wish i still did. i think about it all the time and i regret deleting it. most of the villagers i had in that town have become my dreamies

no, but i wish i still did. i think about it all the time and i regret deleting it. most of the villagers i had in that town have become my dreamies

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope your dreamies come back to you! You have a goal to work to now however, which can afford you a lot of in game fun while you try to reach that goal.

Last edited:
I still have my original town from 2013, but I don't play it as much as my other town. I got my second copy in 2018 because I wanted a new town but could not stand the idea of resetting.

I don't have my original town anymore, it got deleted many years ago when I started to get more
dissatisfied about it and so I resetted it. Sometimes, I wonder how the town would be if I kept it.

I only started playing last year so Fairlin is still here! I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon and I think the only way I'll ever get a new town is if I buy another cartridge for it tbh. Fairlin will probably always be my fun/experimental town since I'm still learning a lot about the game while I play on it, so maybe any other town I make after it I'll actually make it a proper more planned out town rather than a "leave it to rng" kind of town.

I do have my first town: Targarus.

I got the game when it first came out and played for well over a year before I had to sell my ds for cash. I did hang on to the cartridge so I would not have to buy the game again if I ever got a new ds though. So when I did buy another 7 months ago, I thought I had to create another town and was busy trying to think up a new name when Isabelle pops up and says Welcome back Mayor Siva! You could have heard me scream down the block I was so happy :blush:

I was really lucky when I chose my town and mayor appearance. I had no big plans for my town and was still in the process of building when I stopped playing, so 3 years later I was just able to pick up where I left off.

I don't think I will ever reset. I may get another cartridge for a second town but really I am just waiting for the next Animal Crossing.

i dont have my original town because i lost my original first game cartridge a few years ago :<
since then i bought a new one and still have that current town which is like...idk...4-5 years old now? i think.

yea i never delete a town... i really dont understand people who constantly reset

I sold my soul to Tom Nook in 2017 after 3 years in office for 21,000,000 bells, and I'm very happy with my decision, as that town had been giving me alot of anxiety.

For Vista no, I use to restart that town a lot because I just wasn't happy with it.
Current Vista was made in 2014 (almost restarted it as well), so that's pretty long now..

For Chocolat: I had to restart this game, before the amiibo update something was wrong with that copy of ACNL.
Whenever I went into a villager's house, the game would freeze. I ended up buying a new copy and making another Chocolat on it.

For Moonview: I only restarted once and not planning to do it again.

For Flora: Only restarted this one once, I made Flora on the copy that Chocolat use to be on after the amiibo update. So far nothing has happened, the update may have fixed it.

For Ume: It is the original town and it's my least favorite one..

For Faebi: It is the original town and it's on my digital copy of ACNL. (Which makes me kinda nervous..)

Last edited:
I kept my original town just because I spent so much time working on it without trading! I took one of the first town maps I had and didn’t reset for anything. I got most of the badges and unlocked a bunch of the fish, bugs, and furniture. And I worked really hard and it took me a really really long time to get my natural hybrids. But I started to want a second town and considered resetting because it doesn’t have a lot of room for PWP’s. But I couldn’t bring myself to reset it, so I ordered a second town and did everything else I couldn’t do in my first town! I love them both <3

Last edited:
I would have to say no. I definitely do not still have my original town. It's loooooooooong gone xD​

I have still my original town since release date. I bought another copy in between but Merupuri is my only finished town and I am really happy with it. I spent hundreds of hours at this town and it turned out so good. I will never ever reset this town.

Nope xD But I do remember it- ⭐️ (Yes I was so bad at deciding a name, I named it the star icon) celebrated about two years before I just got too dissatisfied with the map. My current two towns are... interesting though. Callisto was the direct follow up, but I’ve kept resetting the map to get it just right... here’s hoping the latest version sticks xD Stardust has gone through a couple resets too, but the one I’ve spent the last few months on is shaping up to be a long-term one :D

Back