• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you still have your ACGC and do you still play?

I do still play it sometimes, I revisit a lot of my old towns from time to time for nostalgia but the weeds are honestly unbearable

I do still have it, but no longer have the console to play it on. It's sad because I miss my old town and the game in general but it's fine! I'll play it again somehow, somewhere haha.

I’m sure it’s somewhere... it’s just not in its case. :p

But I haven’t played it in forever. Pretty sure I lost my memory cards. Also had to trash my GameCube because rain got in my window one day and fried it, and I have the power cord of my Wii to my coworker cause his son broke his.

Absolutely loved that game, though. So many memories attached to it.

It's been a very long time since I played the GC version and because I don't have a GameCube
or Wii anymore (as well as the game), I can't play it. I guess I don't even have the memory card
where I had my town on it anymore, yeah...

But I must say if I had the chance to play the GC version again one day, then I would definitely
do it, as I enjoyed playing this game back then.

Yeah, I still have my original copy! I've transferred my save files on both memory cards to Dolphin now, though.
I never played ACGC much before now, as I used to be obsessed with City Folk and Wild World when I was younger. Now I'm realizing that I was missing out and that ACGC is one of the best games in the series!

I'm currently playing ACGC on Dolphin in tandem with New Leaf. I play New Leaf shortly after I wake up and ACGC during the night with the time of day inverted. This works really well! It gives me something to look forward later in the day, provides a different and more relaxing experience that's perfect for the night, and allows me to still have some Animal Crossing to do after the shops close in New Leaf!

Yes, I do. I have a town on five different memory cards with each fruit and visit each one occasionally. It's nice to have a large pool of different animals to interact with.

I don’t have my GameCube version anymore, but I wish I did. It’s that regret that stops me from selling City Folk, even though I haven’t played it in years and have no interest in playing it LOL.

I don’t have my GameCube version anymore, but I wish I did. It’s that regret that stops me from selling City Folk, even though I haven’t played it in years and have no interest in playing it LOL.

City Folk is my least favorite main AC game and I still wish I never sold it. It’s just kind of fun to randomly go back to these older games and start again. :)

I still have my copy from over 12 years ago, but I haven't played the game in a few years or so. I do however still have nostalgic memories from it and I actually am working on porting over all 15 of the old e-reader card designs to New Leaf so people can enjoy those awesome designs with the newer game (have a thread for them in the Able Sisters section)! :D

Last edited:
I still have my GameCube and original copy of the game. Haven't played ACGC in a long time but it holds a special place in my cold lil heart since it was my introduction to AC.

i still have mine, and i play off and on a bunch. i usually just plant flowers and talk to villagers but it's a super chill way to kill some time. ^^

Last edited:
I don't have a physical copy, but I did recently start playing it on the Dolphin emulator! With my 3DS broken, I often switch between GCN and Wild World, though WW gives me a headache because the screen is so small.

yes and no! the last time I played it consistently was like 2012

I do wanna play it again eventually, I'd just have to haul out the gamecube bc our wii is half broken

After about 11 years, I do still own and play the game. I was playing it quite consistently (I have Jane in my town and shes great lol) until I got a new Wii and started playing CF again. Ill prob go back to playing it again soon.

I would love to play again! I haven't played since I was like 6 haha, but too bad it's a little expensive. I have a gc though, so hopefully I can buy a copy sometime in the near future :)

Yes and no. I haven't played daily since about 2015 or so, but I still hop on from time to time, especially since I'm trying to get my boyfriend into AC and I made him play Population Growing first lol. It's a fun nostalgia trip and while I adore the newer games and all the stuff they have added, it just feels nice to go to simpler times. I've been playing since I was like, 2, so it's basically all of my childhood memories.

I don't have my original town (cursed by a bad memory card) but I do still play the game a lot! I have a semi-new town that I started early 2018

Yep I still play ACGC on and off. I still have my old town but I wanna make a new one soon. Still have to finish ACNL first and then I wanna play it again. Yeah NL has so many improvements compared to the original but the original is just so nostalgic to play. It's wonderful just how simple the game is compared to NL. Even something as simple as weeding or fishing is so relaxing in this game. It's just wonderful how simple yet addicting the original game is. Yeah NL does have many improvements but it's nice to be able to go back to the gamecube version and just relax and not worry about all the stuff you have to do like in NL.

Back