• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you share a name with your mayor?

Nah, I don't even share a gender with him c;
I never like to play as myself in games, it sort of ruins the escapism for me. I play games to forget myself.

It isn't. I used to name my characters after myself in most games back in the day but now I usually don't. The main reason is that since newer games, especially among handheld games, make online playing a big feature (like ACNL and Pokemon X&Y), I don't want strangers to see my real name. It isn't an uncommon one by any means but it doesn't make me feel comfortable. I probably would if we could have an in-game name and then set a different one when playing online.

My mayor's name is similar to my name, but not the same.

Funny story, though -- in Wild World, I named my character a particular name. I'd forgotten about it for a while, forgotten about the town, and forgotten what I named the player character. I recently gave my DS and that game to my six-year-old. The name is the same as hers. That made her super happy.

Nope! My mayor's name is apparently French for Stephen (Etienne), though I had always been told it was also a female Latin name. Plus, in Louisiana it has become a female name for years now. Of course, didn't stop me from adding an extra "t" for emphasis on that. Mayor Ettienne. c:

I did. I remember back in one of my ACGC towns my name was the pawprint symbol. I don't know why.

Yup! I've never used any other name for AC, but when I get my second copy I'm choosing a different name. Two characters named the same thing would be weird, after all.

Yes.
I have a short, stylish nickname. I like it just fine, and it feels weird to name her something like "Fiore" or "Diane".

Nope. My name is pretty boring; when I have the chance to use other, prettier names, I'm taking it. :p

In Pokemon I've been using Lorelei for years now. Maybe I'll change it up for Alpha Sapphire.

Yeah, I want people to know that Yui isn't my real name (believe it or not, some people think it is). My main character is name Zoey, after myself.

on my first save i didn't, really. i named my mayor twiggy which is a nick name of mine.
but the second time around i decided to use my real name. Mahkala (pronounced like makayla.)
i use my name as usernames a lot. because it's usually never in use. c:
(skype, instagram, even a few wow toons.)

I used my real name as Mayor because I use that person ( because its ME! ) alot and I wanted to play as my self. :blush:

Back