Do you prefer your villager houses lined up or spread?

I prefer them all lined up.. or along the path where it kinda fit with the flow. i always plot reset for permanent villagers .__.

I never do any plot resetting, so I'll just take whatever I get.

All lined up makes the town looks too perfect, while having every house spread out might be too messy.
So I wouldn't mind a mix of the two... for a few houses being lined up or around each other, while the others being spread elsewhere in town. I'd like giving my town some variety, and get creative with the space I have. Creating a natural area to connecting it to a residential area or something and get satisfied on how it could look with fun PWPs, trees, and certain path sets in between.

I like them spread but I don't plot reset as it takes too much time. I just let my villagers go wherever they please.

I feel like it looks very unnatural when it's all lined up, so spread is better. My town has a mix of the two in some areas.

I prefer them spread out, but I still do them in lines. The top of my town has two houses lined up, the bottom has another two. Then the other side of town I have 3 houses lined up vertically, then another 3 lined horizontal. It still looks neat but it makes it feel like it's a real town to me with villagers all over the place.

I make small clusters of 2 or 3.

I do like one row of 2-3 near Re-Tail/other buildings to act as a high-end district, though.

Spread, so that I can see them all over my town instead of just mostly in one section lol

I have their house all lined up... :lemon: Plot resetting, man...It's the worst thing ever.. ;-;

I let them put their house wherever they want. I don't plot reset or anything. No need to add stress to a relaxing game.

I don't know which I like more. But I plan to have them spread out in my second town. I just fear one villager will be a loner in the corner.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I've sort of been stuck with my map trying to figure out which style I like. I haven't even asked anyone from my cards to move in because I couldn't decide between the two!
Seeing everyone's thoughts, I might do mine spread out with some lined up if I can help it. :>

I like having them spread out. That way there are villagers throughout the town instead of just walking around one area. The lined up ones look kind of cool, but I wouldn't have the patience to try to plot reset that.

100% lined up. it looks so cute when all your villagers walk around in the same part of town <3
it also encourages more conversation and it impresses people when they come to your town/dream town

I like them in a certain area, mainly because my first two towns used to be really tiny and I couldn't build anything cool with them all over the place. I reset, and right now I have 4 houses around retail in a sqaure formation! It looks like everyone is shopaholics,

100% lined up. it looks so cute when all your villagers walk around in the same part of town <3
it also encourages more conversation and it impresses people when they come to your town/dream town

That make a lot of sense actually. But I like having both so I guess that requires two game cartridges. Nintendo was so smart not to give us extra save files...

Back