• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you prefer hot dogs or hamburgers at a BBQ?

Which meat do you prefer?

• Total voters
Hamburgers.

I don’t really like the taste of bbq hotdogs. I like the taste of uncooked hotdogs ( the ones that are prepared like that ). Not raw.

Still I prefer the taste of hamburgers. Plus I think they are less messy? Hotdogs just don’t fit in the hotdog buns properly.

I used not to like any of them, but now I like both but without red meat. I especially like the condiments to be honest, and various kind of breads, preferably not the cheap white one. At a friend's BBQ I would chose the hotdog because it sure I would spill the hamburger everywhere.

Smokie...is it what we call European hotdog in the Est?

What I would like is something like Japadog, it looks so yummy. Unfortunately I've never got the chance to taste it.

I prefer Hamburgers, I have never been a real fan of hot dogs that are burnt. With Hamburgers it doesn't taste burnt to me and I don't like a lot of stuff on them anyway except for ketchup, cheese and occasionally mayonnaise.

I like hotdogs because I prefer sausages. I think hamburgers tend to get kind of soggy since you use different sauces and vegetables in the burger and that's not really my cup of tea.

I'd eat both happily without the bun though ;)

I prefer burgers. I haven't been to a BBQ in a long time, now I'm craving a good hamburger

I prefer a hot dog - turkey dog if possible. I like veggie/black bean burgers though but no one ever has those. At home if my dad is cooking on the grill, I have him cook turkey burger or black bean burger.

my experiences with hamburgers at bbqs has always been that they're pretty bad. the bun would be soggy and the meat would hae Bad Textures and i'd never finish them, so hotdogs for sure.

also, even though it seems like a lot of people hate it, i love when hotdogs have a little bit of char on them. gives them a nice, smoky flavor. <3

hamburgers even though my parents burn them half the time. i’m not vegetarian or vegan but i’m starting to like vegan hamburgers more then actual hamburgers

Ngl, as someone from south Texas I've been wired to imagine something completely different when someone mentions a bbq, so I was a bit thrown off by the options lol

Personally, I'd prefer a veggie loaded shish kabob when talking about outdoor grilling, but between the two options you give I'd rather have hotdogs over hamburgers.

I loooooove Hot Dogs!! Sadly the bread is so greasy and honestly.. they just don't make as full as Hamburgers.
I can eat one burger (BBQ Sauce + Cheese) max. and will be full for the day, but Hot Dogs (I only take with Ketchup)
I can eat 3+ and still be hungry 😂

But I will still always choose Hot Dogs over Burgers at BBQ :)

It's always hard to choose! I love both. Though I'm not keen on overcooked burgers, which is pretty common at backyard BBQs (but then, food poisoning from undercooked meat would be worse, sooo...). I don't mind if a hot dog is a bit overdone, so that's usually what I go for.

It's been ages since I went to a BBQ. Hopefully this summer :)

personally at barbeques i eat around 2 hot dogs and a burger just because lol. the burger has to have that awful rubber tasting cheese on it to make it a real good burger lol and the hotdogs have to be DROWNED in ketchup

Hot dogs for me!
I stopped eating hamburgers years ago. I might be willing to try the beyond meat or impossible meat one though!

Back