• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you plant bushes in your town?

Bushes add a lot to your town imo, so hell yes. Spam the sht out of them. Also depends on the town, but my newest town will prob have a bunch of the island bushes mixed with some regulars .

Last edited:
My town is a forest with no path so I plant bushes randomly.

i'm trying to stock up on holly + sweet olive starts and then i'll start planting them around town.

Last edited:
I like to plant a variety of different bushes on paths that don't seem to have a lot around them. I like to divide sections of my map up where I use different bushes in that area.

I spam the hell out of those things lol, I use the hydrangea and olive bushes.

Last edited:
Yes, I really love the hydrangeas. I just haven't put them down yet because I'm not done working on my paths.

I have a couple, mostly blue and pink hydrangeas~ All the bushes look very nice I couldn't decide, So I just went with the hydrangeas as I liked how they are in real life c:

I've been planting all of the types, in different areas of my town. I wanted to have some variety.

I also plant all types of bushes in my town. Not randomly together, but all with their own area.

I do mix them up a bit, based on leaf color. My town is about evenly divided by the river, so the left area has mostly holly and hydrangae with the dark-green leaf, while the right part has azaleas and holly, and some hibiscus around my fruit orchard.

I've planted a load of bushes, I have done a mixture for now as I think it looks more natural. Plus I wanted to see if they would even grow. They drive me mad to be honest, gaps all over the place because I've planted the max amount allowed in each section....
I really wish landscaping was easier :(

Maybe one day I'll care which one I use but for now, I have any and all I can get my grubby little mitts on.

I love the bushes. They really help to add depth to your town and are great for landscaping. I have every kind of bush all around my town, I dont search for only type although the hydrangeas are definitely my fav ^.^

I've planted every kind of bush there is. I built a park and I surrounded it with bushes of all sorts, and I like it because there is always one kind of bush in full bloom, so it's very beautiful. I like the blue hydrangeas especially.

I only plant bushes in places that won't annoy me when I'm trying to get somewhere fast. My biggest pet peeve of dream address visiting is when people have a line of trees, but put bushes in between the trees so I can't get through, or have a large forest area with bushes everywhere too. It looks nice, but it's extremely annoying trying to maneuver around them.

I have been stockpiling azaleas, holly and sweet olives for my new town because that's what I put in my old town and I loved them, but not the town itself, I can't wait to plant them!

I don't plant bushes because I have bad luck planting them because they keep dieing. If someone knows how to plant bushes so they don't die I would like to know.

Back